Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Castrol Edge 0W-30 Best Oil For My 2013 Fiesta?

henryrym

Just picked up a pre reg 63 1.25 82 Fiesta with 3.3 K miles on it.

Looking to put some nice fresh oil in it as want to hang on to the car for a long time.

Wonder if it is worth the extra buying a 0W-30 oil, eg Castrol Edge over a 5W-30 eg Formula F oil?

Comments on the 'best' oil for short journeys appreciated.

Shell Helix Ultra is better value and just as good, can buy 4 litres from Opie Oils for about £30 on fleabay / own site.

• Like 1

I wouldn't go for the 0w-30 over the 5w-30 as when cold it wouldn't circulate the oil as well which is what you need at first start.

Sent from my HUAWEI Ascend P2 using Ford OC mobile app

I wouldn't go for the 0w-30 over the 5w-30 as when cold it wouldn't circulate the oil as well which is what you need at first start.

Why wouldn't it?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Sorry, but I thought it was the other way around i.e. that the 0W rated oil would be better at start up than the 5W rated stuff as it was thinner and penetrate better.

Clarification any body?

Sorry, but I thought it was the other way around i.e. that the 0W rated oil would be better at start up than the 5W rated stuff as it was thinner and penetrate better.

Clarification any body?

That's right, oil thins as it heats up, an old trick of selling a car with low oil pressure light is to fill it up with a nice thick oil so it doesn't come on for ages.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Ford rcommend 5w 30w, why would you want to go against their research.

Castrol magnatec 5w 30w, A1, 4ltr, £22 from Euro Car Parts.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330921231253?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

if you are concerned about low mileage and carbon build up, just change your oil more frequently.

• Like 1

Ford rcommend 5w 30w, why would you want to go against their research.

Castrol magnatec 5w 30w, A1, 4ltr, £22 from Euro Car Parts.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330921231253?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

if you are concerned about low mileage and carbon build up, just change your oil more frequently.

Point taken, change oil every 6 moths and use 5W-30. :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club