Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing Front Sidelights Annoying

Hi Guys.

I needed to change my front sidelights for my focus and its one the most difficult thing to do that ive done to my car... it seems to be stuck and ive heard you rotate them 180? And it pops out....well both my lollisticks have snapped as they have never been changed.....where can I get sidelight holders from and how the hell do I get these bulbs out now!?

Cheers!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

I used the longest pair of pliers I could get my hands on as to not stress the lollipop stick to much.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a 180 degree turn. Much less infact .

I have seen that there is a slot for a flat head screwdriver right down the bottom of the lollipop stick. Get a flat head in there and turn clockwise I believe.

You should be able to get them on eBay. If not ford.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

Hey Karlos, thanks for posting.

Both have snapped, the left handside is still intact ish but the hand has snapped so i'll try a screwdriver, but the rightside has completely snapped off close the bulb, so im going to try and glue it back on....if i can... any other suggestions on where to get a replacment?

I personally wouldn't recommend glueing it back on as it will just snap everytime you try to turn it. Unless you are just after a quick fix.

I'll have a scout around on the Internet and see if I can find 1.

There is a website that does ford genuine parts cheaper than ford. I think it's called ford parts UK.

You could always try a scrap yard.

Sorry just realised it's anti clockwise you need to turn them. About 1/4 of a turn.

Hey Karlos,

Thanks for the help! I'll have a look at the website to see if i can get a replacement, if not scrappy it is!

I did try anti-clockwise but its very stiff to turn so i'll try to have another go ont he left one later.

thanks!

When I changed mine on the Mk2.5 Focus I had to turn them clockwise about a quarter of a turn to remove. I spent ages fighting with them by turning them anticlockwise before trying the other way.

I never managed to break mine but I must admit the first time I changed them really annoyed the hell out of me. I also found the hole that the bulb goes through seems very small ......had to find a smaller LED in the end.

They are a pain in the !Removed!. Lol. I'm hoping the bulbs I have put in will last forever so I don't have to do it again. Lol.

• Like 1

nothing on Ford UK Parts, even rang a Ford Deal and they had no clue what i was on about! started talking about circuits and stuff! which i had to repeat what i was asking.....

So tomorrow morning i'll be off to a scrappy/breakers to see if there have anything!

I couldn't find anything. But did come across someone saying they can't be brought on their own.

Unless you fancy buying a new set of headlights I'd go scrap yard. Should only cost you a few quid.