Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ic Cluster Screen Not Lighting Up

nazsky786

What features do the other rom versions have?

I know 508 had nothing but 509 unlock Eco mode.

Does anyone know what the others are?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nazsky786

• JW1982

• mrmetallica

• jeebowhite

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very little info on them really! I dont think there are any more though are there?

ROM 508 should also have ECO-mode. ECO-mode and the ECO shift-up functionality are only present on ROM 508 and above. ECO-mode is fully functonal on every Focus MK2/MK2.5 with a MK2.5 instrument cluster. ECO shift-up does only work if the PCM hardware and software supports it. My experience is that only the late MK2.5 vehicles support ECO shift-up.

As far as I know ROM 509 was the latest firmware for the Focus MK2.5. ROM 511 (big display) and ROM 512 (small display) are officially for the Ford Kuga MK1. Because the Kuga uses exactly the same instrument cluster as the Focus MK2.5 and C-max MK1.5 this firmware will also be suitable for these vehicles. Based on the documentation I read ROM 511/512 should have a built-in service indicator.

I updated my late MK2.5 (2011) instrument cluster to the ROM 512 firmware. Until now I did not notice any differences with the ROM509 firmware. ROM512 should have a service indicator but until now I have not seen it yet.

Have you got tyre pressure monitoring working?

The dash says set pressure but when using elmconfig it come up with an error so I'm not sure if it's working or if it's not.

I could just try deflating the tyre and driving round.

For tyre pressure monitoring (DDS) you will need a MK2.5 BCM (ABS/IVD pump). This function is controlled by the BCM and shown on the instrument cluster display. The MK2 BCM does not support tyre pressure monitoring.

I retrofitted the Ford IVD system using a MK2.5 IVD pump. Afterwards I could activate the tyre pressure monitoring function without any problems.

Is it a straight swap?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Ford OC mobile app

Do you know the part number for the one I need? And is focom able to do the bleeding?

Do you know the part number for the one I need? And is focom able to do the bleeding?

bleeding ?

Well I've been told once you change the pump air needs to be removed so I need to bleed it using Ford's system. But was thinking FoCom should be able to do it.

But need to know the parts number for the pump that compatible.

Well I've been told once you change the pump air needs to be removed so I need to bleed it using Ford's system. But was thinking FoCom should be able to do it.

what pump you on about ?

Abs. I want tyre pressure. It feels like a wasted feature. And the way to get it is by changing the pump as JW has said.

Ivd pump is the name for the pump I need.

Do you know what this error code is DTC A19A?

CARS shaking and didn't start first time.

Abs. I want tyre pressure. It feels like a wasted feature. And the way to get it is by changing the pump as JW has said.

Ivd pump is the name for the pump I need.

Do you know what this error code is DTC A19A?

CARS shaking and didn't start first time.

dds It uses the ABS to detect a sudden reduction in the rotational size of

the wheel, it senses a sudden deflation. You need to ensure your tyres

are at the correct pressure and then reset the DDS via the dash menu.not a pump

I done that but elmconfig comes back with an error like it's not supported. JW has done it by changing the pump to a Ivd mk2.5 and pump.

Anyone know how to update the pcm on a 1.6 focus 100bhp ? Elmconfig is abit confusing on how to do it.

Is it a straight swap?

It depends on your current pump and which system you want. If your car has ABS only a MK2.5 ABS pump will be a straight swap. If your car has the IVD system (ABS/ESP/TCS) a MK2.5 IVD pump will be a straight swap.

Retrofitting the IVD system to a car with ABS only will be a lot more difficult. In this case you will have to change the following parts:

* IVD pump.

* Pump bracket including all mounting hardware.

* Wiring looms in interior and engine bay. The IVD pump has a bigger connector and some more wiring.

* Steering angle sensor (mounted on the clockspring behind the steering wheel).

* Gyroscope sensor (mounted in the support beam under the seat).

* Front ABS sensors (the IVD system uses different sensors). ABS = black sensors. IVD = blue sensors.

Both the MK2.5 ABS pump and IVD pump should support DDS.

If the pump is removed from a scrap car and stored/transported in the correct position (connection lines upwards) the pump will remain filled with brake fluid. In this case the pump can be bled the conventional way and it is not necessary to bleed the pump using a diagnostic system like Ford IDS. Ford offers new pumps which are pre-filled with brake fluid. These pumps can also be bled the conventional way.

Bleeding the pump with a diagnostic system will only be necessary if the pump is empty, stored/transported incorrectly or if there are any problems which suggest air being trapped in the valves of the pump.

The FoCom system should be able to bleed the pump but my experience is that not all pumps are supported. On my IVD pump it did not work. Because I removed the IVD pump from a scrap car myself and transported it the correct way there was no need to bleed the pump using a diagnostic system.

The part numbers depend on which pump you need. The best way is to search on a scrap yard for a MK2.5 and remove the pump yourself. This way you know for sure the pump came from a MK2.5 and is still filled with brake fluid. A pump which has been emty for a longer period may cause problems later. To identifie the pump type (ABS or IVD) you can look at the size of the pump and the connector. The IVD pump is a bit bigger and has a larger connector.

Note that a Kuga and C-max pump look identical but are not suitable for A Focus. The C-max did not have the DDS system at all. The Kuga did have DDS but has a different brake force than the Focus.

It depends on your current pump and which system you want. If your car has ABS only a MK2.5 ABS pump will be a straight swap. If your car has the IVD system (ABS/ESP/TCS) a MK2.5 IVD pump will be a straight swap.

Retrofitting the IVD system to a car with ABS only will be a lot more difficult. In this case you will have to change the following parts:

* IVD pump.

* Pump bracket including all mounting hardware.

* Wiring looms in interior and engine bay. The IVD pump has a bigger connector and some more wiring.

* Steering angle sensor (mounted on the clockspring behind the steering wheel).

* Gyroscope sensor (mounted in the support beam under the seat).

* Front ABS sensors (the IVD system uses different sensors). ABS = black sensors. IVD = blue sensors.

Both the MK2.5 ABS pump and IVD pump should support DDS.If the pump is removed from a scrap car and stored/transported in the correct position (connection lines upwards) the pump will remain filled with brake fluid. In this case the pump can be bled the conventional way and it is not necessary to bleed the pump using a diagnostic system like Ford IDS. Ford offers new pumps which are pre-filled with brake fluid. These pumps can also be bled the conventional way.

Bleeding the pump with a diagnostic system will only be necessary if the pump is empty, stored/transported incorrectly or if there are any problems which suggest air being trapped in the valves of the pump.

The FoCom system should be able to bleed the pump but my experience is that not all pumps are supported. On my IVD pump it did not work. Because I removed the IVD pump from a scrap car myself and transported it the correct way there was no need to bleed the pump using a diagnostic system.

The part numbers depend on which pump you need. The best way is to search on a scrap yard for a MK2.5 and remove the pump yourself. This way you know for sure the pump came from a MK2.5 and is still filled with brake fluid. A pump which has been emty for a longer period may cause problems later. To identifie the pump type (ABS or IVD) you can look at the size of the pump and the connector. The IVD pump is a bit bigger and has a larger connector.

Note that a Kuga and C-max pump look identical but are not suitable for A Focus. The C-max did not have the DDS system at all. The Kuga did have DDS but has a different brake force than the Focus.

you learn something every day :wacko:

Ok so a mk2.5 ABS pump is the best option as my car don't have IVD and that process is going to be to much to complete.

I find a MK2.5 ABS pump a swap over and see if the tyre thing works.

Is it possible that you know if my pcm is updatable and how to do it?

Ive attached a image to show the current software its running.

post-40987-139905391497_thumb.jpg

Also I'm fully aware this thread has gone off track.

Your PCM can be updated with ELMconfig without any problems. I have a 1.6 Duratec (100 HP) with SIM 28 PCM too and updated it to the latest available firmware. For this engine type there are no differences between MK2 and MK2.5 which means all firmware versions for this engine type are interchangeable.

The latest firmware version for the manual 1.6 Duratec is AM51-12A650-AB which was released in 2011. Many firmware files can be downloaded from the following website. This is the website of Civil-Z (the author of ELMconfig). The firmware files on this website are the official Ford firmware files.

http://civil.iffc.ru/ELMConfig/pcm_frw.htm

It is even possible to load a custom remap using ELMconfig. It is possible to make a copy of a remapped car and use it on another car with the same type of engine.

Updating the PCM with ELMconfig is pretty easy. If you follow all instructions of the program the update should run without any problems. Depending on the Baudrate of the ELM327 interface the update may take between 6 and about 30 minutes. I use an ELM327 interface which supports a Baudrate of 500.000 which finishes the update in about 6 minutes.

Now you have me interested more in the remap.

Now how do I do that?

I'm going to install the latest frw that you just mentioned see what that does for me.

Is 288KB the right size for a firmware update as it don't really sound right?

The firmware is a relative small file. I compared a few firmware files For the 1.6 which I have and they are all about 500 Kb to 600 Kb.

You get a message at the beginning about something being blank do it just continue?

Ok car is no longer starting.

post-40987-139906547198_thumb.jpg

post-40987-139906550045_thumb.jpg