Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying Tomorrow - Focus (1.6) Or Fiesta (1.25, 1.3, 1.4)?

ineedacarmate

Hi, I'm new here and I need your help. I have narrowed it down to two cars, it's going to be either Focus or Fiesta. I'm leaning more towards Fiesta as it's a smaller car and I like to feel cozy and also pay less on insurance and service.

I am looking at Fiesta 2002-2003 one is 1.25 engine, another one 1.3 and one 1.4 and one Focus 2004 1.6 engine. They all offer some form of warranty on them. I don't know however, what engine to choose. I'm looking for reliabilty and small maintenance costs. I've read a lot on the subject and I thought I knew what I was going to pick, but now one day before buying it's all gone, total dillema again.

I like Fiesta 1.3 engine because it'cheap to insure and has good mileage. I will be doing cca 10mi/day, cca 5k/y, mostly for urban commuting. I've read they're old engines and not very good (?). How much truth is in that?

I'm looking at another 1.25 but has really bad steering wheel for 90k, they offer warranty though. Another one is 1.4, obviously a newer engine but more expensive to insure.

Then, as a backup I have one Focus 2004 1.6 but they expensive to insure and I've read less reliable than Fiestas and service/maintenance costs more.

So, what do you suggest?

My Mrs had the fiesta 1.25 great little car never put a foot wrong from new and when she sold.it it had 75000 miles on it and still felt like new. The 1.3 is out of the ford ka she had that before, the car was nice but engine was horrible.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Thanks, so that means 1.3 is not an option. My parents have Fiesta 2013 1.25 at home and apart for low mileage I have nothing bad to say about that car.

Would you say 2004 focus for £1200 is reasonable or too low?

Thanks, so that means 1.3 is not an option. My parents have Fiesta 2013 1.25 at home and apart for low mileage I have nothing bad to say about that car.

Would you say 2004 focus for £1200 is reasonable or too low?

It depends on condition and miliege. £1200 isn't much to pay for any car with a years MOT and reasonably low miles. Just make sure the cambelt has been changed as its 10 years or 100k miles whichever comes first.

Thanks, I will pay attention to cambelts. I like your BMW, my last 6 cars were all BMWs, 3 and 5 series but now that I've moved to UK I find insurance unreasonably high and have to settle for less and Ford offers good realiability. Fun fact, I was paying 600eur/year for comprehensive insurance for my 2004 530d, I will be paying twice that for a Fiesta here in the UK. This is absolutely crazy, not to mention the price difference of £50 when you change your title from computer technician to computer engineer. I'm amazed people don't riot in the streets. :) Anyway, I'm looking right now at 1.25 and 1.4 mk5 fiestas for < £1500 or a focus as second choice. Thanks.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club