• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Miss Naughty

Miss Naughty

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:03 PM

I have a 54 plate Fiesta Zetec. I bought it second hand and was only given 2 normal keys. I was wondering if it would be possible for me to buy a remote key for it? I would have thought that being a 54 plate that I would have been given one as standard but I wasn't. Can anyone help?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Steve

Steve

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,925 posts
  • Ford Model: Kugy
Contributor

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:24 PM

I would of thought so too. if not then a 3rd party one could be installed.

#3 kevin lancelott

kevin lancelott

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Name: kevin
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium X 1.6 tdci
  • Year: 2013

Posted 16 May 2008 - 09:57 PM

I have a 54 plate Fiesta Zetec. I bought it second hand and was only given 2 normal keys. I was wondering if it would be possible for me to buy a remote key for it? I would have thought that being a 54 plate that I would have been given one as standard but I wasn't. Can anyone help?

My brother had a 54 plate zetec model and his didn't have the remote key either i think it depends on the speck.I have had 3 ghias a 2000,2003,2006 all with that key.

#4 Max

Max

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: 2005 Ford Fiesta Zetec
Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:57 PM

I've just bought a 54 reg Fiesta and mine came with 2 standard keys and a separate remote control for the central locking?? Can I use one of the standard keys to have a proper key cut?

#5 Russ

Russ

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4i zetec

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:35 PM

I've just bought a 54 reg Fiesta and mine came with 2 standard keys and a separate remote control for the central locking?? Can I use one of the standard keys to have a proper key cut?

Maybe a bit late for me to answer but i would have thought it all depends "if" your car has remote central locking, some do, some don't ( it seems ), i bought an 04 plate 1.4 zetec fiesta, got 3 keys...none are remote locking due to the fact the car either doesn't have remote locking or at least doesn't appear to!! With regards to getting one cut, i would think you could but you would still need to code it?

#6 repairbooksdotcodotuk

repairbooksdotcodotuk

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:52 PM

I always thought that you needed to get the keys sent off to fords, not just as simple as getting keys cut.

<_< <_< Posted Image <_<

#7 Russ

Russ

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4i zetec

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:08 PM

I always thought that you needed to get the keys sent off to fords, not just as simple as getting keys cut.

<_< <_< Posted Image <_<

A nice wee shop in Hawick cuts ford keys, so "If" he could get hold of the blank key ( if ford would sell him one ) he should find a shop to get one cut but it would be easier getting ford to cut it or obtain one using the keycode if he has that!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users