Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where To Go To Get A Leak Repaired?

GoldenLeaf

I have a leak in my focus which I have now narrowed down to probably being either a windscreen leak or bulkhead. I was told by someone that taking it to a generic garage would not be the best thing to do, is this true? Can you recommend me somewhere better to take it so that I can finally stop my footwell getting damp!

Thank you :)

If it's the windscreen that's leaking then surely that's a job for the likes of autoglass? I'm thinking it's going to need cut out and glued in properly. Putting sealant on the leaking area would just be a botch IMO.

David,

look for footwell leaks on this forum. i'm sure a few others have suffered this so the answer may be on this forum, if not then another Ford forum (google focus footwell leak)

Under the scuttle tray are the drained clear and also the wing where it meets the windscreen is that clear of debri seen it on a few cars particularly the drain holes getting clogged up causing water to seep into car behind bulk head have a look might be able to save yourself £££££££s .

Pollen filter housing situated at the rear of the glovebox is known to leak,

So much that my local ford dealership changed both the filter and the complete housing the LAST time i went to them.

All good they changed the housing to cover there own backs,

But they then charged be 58 pounds for the housing which they chose to fit and not actually required if the filter is changed correctly,

And one would think: "surly ford dealership would be the best place to change my pollen filter correctly"

Eh seems not no,

Pollen filter housing situated at the rear of the glovebox is known to leak,

So much that my local ford dealership changed both the filter and the complete housing the LAST time i went to them.

All good they changed the housing to cover there own backs,

But they then charged be 58 pounds for the housing which they chose to fit and not actually required if the filter is changed correctly,

And one would think: "surly ford dealership would be the best place to change my pollen filter correctly"

Eh seems not no,

Yo Lenny, it's only on the driver's side so I doubt it is that.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club