Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Easy / Cheapish Mods?

Sneakkk

Hello All,

Had my focus just over 4weeks now and was wondering what little mods / tweaks you can do to make it look a little smarter?

Air filter?

Aero wipers?

Any information would be awesome!

Came from VAG so apoligise!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Interior wraps,bulbs,dash dials,plenty of stuff to look at on here.

Lenny has a good thread,check it out

Exterior wise you can fit st spoiler,Cree bulbs body kits it depends how far you wanna go really.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Interior wraps,bulbs,dash dials,plenty of stuff to look at on here.

Lenny has a good thread,check it out

Exterior wise you can fit st spoiler,Cree bulbs body kits it depends how far you wanna go really.

Ok thanks very much, yeah gonna look at bulbs inside the car to xenon ones, can you change the dial bulbs?

Also already looking at a ST spoiler for it with st wheels and lowering it by 40mm on springs, ill have a look at his thread in a minute thank you pal.

The one resource you need is Lenny's plague of mods...errr, I mean Lenny's page. Damn page cost me money every time I have a look at it :P

In all seriousness, Lenny has a good few guides and that will get you started nicely.

What type of engine do you have, petrol or diesel? One of my favourite mods which was the most fun was getting a tuning box for the car. A remap would do the same and I think it will definitely make the car a lot more fun to drive, if it's a diesel or a turbocharged petrol :)

• Like 1

Bluefin maps on 1.8tdci can get you 0-60 in about 8 seconds. I beleive all the bulbs can be changed inside mate.

Bluefin maps on 1.8tdci can get you 0-60 in about 8 seconds. I beleive all the bulbs can be changed inside mate.

The stock 1.8 TDCI has a 10.0 to 10.8 sec 0-60 - 8 sec may be a bit quick/ a big improvement for just adding a Bluefin and it probably won't be as quick as that - further mods may be required to get it down to 8 -secs

The stock 1.8 TDCI has a 10.0 to 10.8 sec 0-60 - 8 sec may be a bit quick/ a big improvement for just adding a Bluefin and it probably won't be as quick as that - further mods may be required to get it down to 8 -secs

Seen a couple of vids where they hit 60 in about 8-9.if you can bluefin it to about 150bhp or there abouts it's on par with a fiesta st and thy get to 60 in 7.9,focus weighs around 200kg more but has the advantage of almost double the torque.

Either way it's a statistic to be proud of in a diesel hatchback lol.

2005 1.8tdci 2005 fiesta ST 2014 focus 2.0 138bhp tdci 2014 focus 2.0 161bhp tdci

50-70 mph in fifth gear

9.6 8.2 7.3 6.8

Bare in mind that the 2014 focus weighs almost 100kg more than the mk2 focus,yet the 161bhp would have the same/similar torque to a bluefinned 2005 1.8tdci.

Facts for you :)

The one resource you need is Lenny's plague of mods...errr, I mean Lenny's page. Damn page cost me money every time I have a look at it :P

In all seriousness, Lenny has a good few guides and that will get you started nicely.

What type of engine do you have, petrol or diesel? One of my favourite mods which was the most fun was getting a tuning box for the car. A remap would do the same and I think it will definitely make the car a lot more fun to drive, if it's a diesel or a turbocharged petrol :)

I really need to see his page where can this be found?

Also it is a 1.6 zetec so air filter is best i can do to it haha! And i will be looking at all the bulbs and changing them from green to red most probs.

What about painting calipers behind wheels? Easily done or a pain?

Wind deflectors? Light brows? Debadged? All easy done are these?

Thanks for all help guys / girls!

• Like 1

Also it is a 1.6 zetec so air filter is best i can do to it haha! And i will be looking at all the bulbs and changing them from green to red most probs.

Painting callipers is easy. Either hand paint them or if spraying you can remove the callipers or just mask up very very well. I done the later.

Debadged is always a nice simple mod. Just use some fishing line behind the badge and use a sawing motion.

Wind deflectors I have never fitted not my sort of thing. Same as the lightbrows. On dmb website they do a film to get the brows.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

Another little easy mod I have done is spray all the chrome and plastics to gloss black.

Another little easy mod I have done is spray all the chrome and plastics to gloss black.

Yeah this is do able, what about the fascia around the AC button etc?

Yeah this is do able, what about the fascia around the AC button etc?

post-42513-139897452807_thumb.jpg

It's carbon wrap,you can get all kinds though and yeah yours can be done,you can pretty much wrap anything really.

It's carbon wrap,you can get all kinds though and yeah yours can be done,you can pretty much wrap anything really.

Ok fella cheers, can this be bought off eBay? Or bought somewhere else?

eBay,not seen it for sale anywhere else on a high street

eBay,not seen it for sale anywhere else on a high street

Cheers fella, how much we talking about any certain make you should buy?

Cheers fella, how much we talking about any certain make you should buy?

3M (which is the company) is generally the best quality vinyl wrap,i bought some 4d stuff from eBay and it looks good enough to me.i bought a 1.5x3m roll and i done my spoiler twice,steering wheel trims,radio trim gear trim few other things,still got a load of it left and that cost me £50.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-4D-Carbon-Fibre-Vinyl-Wrap-Sticker-Sheet-Film-Looks-Real-Carbon-Fibre-/321068320935?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item4ac129c8a7 thats the person i bought it from,but have a look around you might come across better.

I do intend to wrap my Focus ST in matte black when i get one eventually :)

There are a fair few ready-wrapped radio fascias on eBay to fit your car.

Nice touch as the original fascias always looked a bit bland IMHO.

3M (which is the company) is generally the best quality vinyl wrap,i bought some 4d stuff from ebay and it looks good enough to me.i bought a 1.5x3m roll and i done my spoiler twice,steering wheel trims,radio trim gear trim few other things,still got a load of it left and that cost me £50.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-4D-Carbon-Fibre-Vinyl-Wrap-Sticker-Sheet-Film-Looks-Real-Carbon-Fibre-/321068320935?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item4ac129c8a7 thats the person i bought it from,but have a look around you might come across better.

I do intend to wrap my Focus ST in matte black when i get one eventually :)

Ok pal thanks! Mine is a 1.6 so doesnt have spolier etc i want to do fascia, door cards and centre console where the gear stick is?

There are a fair few ready-wrapped radio fascias on ebay to fit your car.

Nice touch as the original fascias always looked a bit bland IMHO.

Ill have a look but i think i prefer to do it meself in all fairnuss but if cheap enough ill buy one.

Hi mate, :)

Im lenny, but you can call me lionel lenny :lol: i once knew a carpet place in dublin called lino richies :lol:

I see you have a 1.6 petrol Zetec,

Ill list you some mods and guides now mate i shoild be done by 11am bare with me, also check my profile page, just click onmy picture there for a list of 28 guides

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club