Sal_Sheikh

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts
  • Name: Sal
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Turbo D
  • Year: 2008

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:07 PM

some of them add-on chips do work as some guys on here have used them and had good results on the rollers.
which pipe is broken? get a pic up!

let us know how you get on with getting the fuel filter change.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 majorwedgy

majorwedgy

• Members via FB
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Name: antony
  • Ford Model: focus
  • Year: 2004

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:08 AM

Well my investigations have just taken a turn.....ford the worse and comical. Went to ford breakers and they listened and watched and said the actuator for turbo wasnt fully engaging and suspected that injectors were an issue (black smoke). He advised sticking in 2 bottles of fuel cleaner and seeing if that worked....so I did. Well got home and the engine massively overheated. Got home and water was bubbling in the resevoir; will let you know later whether it is dead or not. Well while I was cursing the world I thought I would look at the air filter.....needless to say I may have stumbled upon my problem. I am speechless to say the least and will let the pictures do the talking

#18 majorwedgy

majorwedgy

• Members via FB
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:09 AM

pictures...

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20140502_104959.jpg
  • IMG_20140502_105035.jpg

#19 salsheikh

salsheikh

Sal_Sheikh

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:32 AM

OMG, thats is shocking. looks like someone has deliberately put that there....(suspicious minds!)

let the car cool down and take it for a drive to see how it drives.

#20 martyntdci

martyntdci

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • Name: martin
  • Ford Model: focus titanium x/comms/sports pack

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:41 PM

!Removed! nora mate, wonder if a garage has done that to you so it brings business...   leave the car for a long while as stated....   you didnt check in there prior to today?

#21 majorwedgy

majorwedgy

• Members via FB
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:11 PM

No didn't check in there before driving this morning although clearly I wish I had!!! Car drives thankfully, however driving normally results in normal temperatures, if I give it the beans it soon starts over heating. Any thoughts?no oil in the water and doesn't appear to be losing water or oil. On a positive it feels like a bat out of hell!

#22 majorwedgy

majorwedgy

• Members via FB
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:28 PM

OK another symptom.... No heat from the vents in the car.... Possible that the thermostat has seized?

#23 ChrisCooper

ChrisCooper

Settling In Well

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2009

Posted 04 May 2014 - 12:20 AM

Had a car that was overheating and no heat from the vents last summer. Was the water pump that was gone. That was a nasty bill, few hundered.

#24 higgsy

higgsy

Northern Yam Yam

• FOC Supporters
  • 820 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S 1.6 TI-VCT
  • Year: 2010

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:18 AM

I think probably thermostat, or water pump. I wouldn't drive it until its sorted as you could blow you head gasket I'd it overheats.

Sent from my Zetec S using the FOC for Android app

#25 majorwedgy

majorwedgy

• Members via FB
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:48 AM

Well changed the thermostat yesterday and drained the radiator. Water just stayed in the reservoir didn't move at all out of it. Stripped the side plastics out and the squeal from the left hand pulley which I believe is the water pump was awful. Spraying WD quietened it for a few seconds so thinking water pump. Looking at the belt it is virtually new I think so guessing the joker who sold it knew the pump or tensioner were dead. Water pump is about 30 new on eBay can't seem to find the tensioner though. Virtually stripped down to where need to so going to buy pump and hope for the best. Will keep you updated

#26 majorwedgy

majorwedgy

• Members via FB
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:31 PM

Well I have more to report, took the pump off today, pleased and sorry to say that the pump was MASSIVELY at fault, it had completely disintegrated! My advice to anyone with this issue is to ignore the haynes manual it is TOTALY rubbish!

you have to take the cambelt cover off, you do not have to take the pulley off the water pump and you do need to drop/raise the engine! Also watch the fuel filter/power steering pump.

Following all the effort and also changing the tensioner pulley i still have a massive fan belt slipping noise - tensioner was absolutely fine, but the pulley was shot, I am thinking the noise is coming from the power steering pump pulley or the pump itself, will be spraying some focused WD later to see if I can narrow it down. To cap it all off, the heater inside is not working either - my thoughts are that plastic fragments have got stuck in the matrix sigh.

On a positive the over heating is absolutely fine now and the power is about where i think it should be.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20140510_134648.jpg

#27 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:38 PM

the heater matrix may not be blocked and it could be the heater is cold because there is an airlock in the system and it still needs bled    

#28 majorwedgy

majorwedgy

• Members via FB
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:49 PM

sorry but how do you do that? nothing in the haynes liar about it and cant see anywhere to let air out, according to haynes it automatically does it?

#29 STEADS

STEADS

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Name: NEIL
  • Ford Model: FOCUS 1.8 TDCI TITANIUM AND 2.0 TDCI
  • Year: 2009

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:21 AM

To bleed the water system top up water to max level and fast idle the car at about 2000 rpm with blowers on full and direct vent to screen so you can feel when it's gone hot did my lads punto this way yesterday took a while as it had just had an engine change if you don't get it after say 10 mins stop go an have a cuppa and you should hear the air bubbling back out of the resiviour if so it will drop the water level top it back up and try again .

#30 salsheikh

salsheikh

Sal_Sheikh

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:20 AM

My old man takes the cap off and starts the car and lets it idle to warm up. Once its warm he will turn the fans on to see if there is any heat coming out. If there is a then he will top up the water if required. Switch car off and put cap on. Job done.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users