Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who Is Your Car Insurer

Hyrule

Well it's that dreaded time of year where I get my Croydon Riots inflated car insurance renewal. I'm currently with Esure and my mods to date have only cost a reasonable £60 increase in my premium to around £640 p/a. w

My renewal should be here later this week and I will be shopping around but just wondering who you guys insure with and what are they like with modifications?

Cheers

Moved to insurance discussion.

I am with Zurich at the moment, previously with Ford Insurance (who were underwritten by RSA), but after they switched to Allianz the premium shot up. Was with Admiral before that.

For my age and with mods declared I found Zurich and the RSA backed insurers (e.g. More Than), to be the cheapest. Adrian Flux managed to match the cheapest quote, but I wasn't happy about the way they handled the mods, their choice of underwriter or the fact they never phoned back when they said they would.

• Like 1

I'm with Adrian Flux. Used to be with Esure but they hiked the price up without my mods on. I rang AF and declared the mods and they gave me a cheaper price then Esure's unmodified price.

As well as the usual protecting no claims and legal cover, AF also included courtesy car, european travel and lost key insurance which wasn't included in any of the quotes I got through comparison sites.

Prestige and Chris Knott are also popular modified ford insurers.

• Like 1

Adrian Flux for me, and I am relatively happy, they havent done anything yet to make me angry so Its a good relationship! lol

• Like 2

Just on the phone with Aflux at the moment, fingers crossed for a better quote than Esure. :D

£610 quote from Aflux, works out over £100 cheaper than Esure and mods covered like for like.

Couple more quotes to go through first, but definitely not bad for my Riot tarnished area :lol:

• Like 1

Aviva were the cheapest on every quote I've tried,none were with mods though

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Allow AF, they are thieves and among the most expensive.

Check out people like Greenlight, Brentacre and Sky Insurance, they are always the best when it comes for mods, most of the time they don't charge unless it's something stupid or produces huge power increases, Maps are normally free,

I insured my ST with Brentacre for £31 PM, AF and the usual big firms wanted around £60+PM, had the accident and I have to say the claims team are really good, they look after you and didn't try to dodge anything ( wasn't my fault anyway ) just spot on service.

• Like 1

I am currently with Swiftcover (Axa basically). Cheapest by £200, used to be with Tesco, but my premium trebled upon renewal having moved from a Corsa to my Focus just before renewal.....needless to say I told them where to go.

Still paying £1000 though.....plenty chavs in need of stolen transport near me

• Like 1

i fear im too old for you youngsters on this thread,but im with dial direct.admittingly i have no mods of any kind but might be worth getting a quote from them?

• Like 1

I'm with Tesco,

2009 Focus Zetec S 1.6, Tesco £460 vs £900 with Elephant.

No mods on my car, but my area of Leeds is like Bradford so I was very happy.

• Like 1

CIS, £340 with all mods declared. :)

Sent from my SM-G900F

• Like 1

This year I'm with Admiral.

Lost 2 of 3 years NCB after a bump 2 weeks into ownership of the Focus (me 100% at fault, unless I can blame the manufacturer of the sodding air freshner).

This year the cost was less than the previous year...but I can't for the life of me remember what that was...

Seem to recall the Focus being about £50 cheaper than the Punto with the same NCB and details

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

For my Focus CC I use Tesco - 400 quid with no NCB discount at all inc business use.

• Like 1

Sainsburys also get up to a third of with a nectar card!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

The joys of living in croydon and having to get car insurance:

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/road-residents-cheaper-car-insurance/story-20426328-detail/story.html

And this was outside my flat back in August 2011, still paying for it today with higher council tax and insurance premiums:

Christ that is bad!

How on earth did no one clock you recording?

• Like 1

Christ that is bad!

How on earth did no one clock you recording?

I about halfway up in a 14 floor building, the videos are zoomed in alot on my digital camera. They saw me recording but didn't care tbh, some even posed in other videos I had.

haha, probably went down the line of they wont catch me, or "hey, I might end up on youtube!"

• Like 1

I'm with esure £260ish for my ST with only 3 years ncb. Can't complain at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Im with co-op insurance payed £1300 for my 1.6 zetec focus was with aviva but every time renewal was due they litrally dropped the price by about £50 until i had to ring up and get them to better it

Insurance eh :angry:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Finally sorted, £549 with protected NCB, with Brentacre. Quite happy that's out of the way now;)

thats a good result Ben!

What conditions is that? 13k per year with mods and PNCB?

If so that is a sweet deal!

My insurance is with Tesco. Me and the wife. 1.6 mk2.5 focus and it's only £430. I'm 26 and the wife is 22. Why am I seeing soo many high quotes on here?

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

Because u don't live in London or any hotspots such as Croydon. Postcode lottery doesn't have such an effect on you in Berkshire as it would in the capital