Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cleaning Tips To Get The Showroom Finish Back

karlos1987

Hi.

I'm after some tips on how to get that showroom shine back on my car.

What products do you use and what process you use.

Cheers.

Karl

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

Hi Karl,

Generally Auto Glym / Meguires products are pretty decent and low budget to gain a good showroom shine.

My general order is as follows;

1) Wash the car using Auto Glym Car Shampoo

2) Ensure the car is fully dry.. probably give it 5-10 mins to see if any water comes out gaps.

3) Prep the car by using Auto Glym High Def Cleanser (Not required)

4) Polish the entire car using Auto Glym Super Resin Polish (I use poor boys black hole glaze though)

5) Buff off and prepare for wax

6) Wax entire car using Meguires tech wax 2.0

7) Restore any faded black plastic using Auto Glym Bumper Care

8) Slicken tyres with Meguires high gloss tyre gel

9) Buff off wax

10) Clean glass using Auto Glym Glass Polish

Whole process takes around 2-3 hours but the results are amazing.

Here are a few pictures from when i have previously done my car..

857529_10151480821055336_266943647_o.jpg

857235_10151480821005336_1269744729_o.jp

Did the same process for my friends Audi A3 too..

1013877_10152347849500336_18143255503406

1982117_10152347849455336_51190415530587

• Like 2

Sound advice. I prefer autoglym's HD wax, but my process is virtually the same.

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Wow. That looks amazing. Do you get the glass feel to it? My paint feels soo rough in areas.

Wow. That looks amazing. Do you get the glass feel to it? My paint feels soo rough in areas.

You may well need to claybar your car if its feeling rough. Mine does feel smooth but will need a claybar soon.

Ok. Thanks.

I think I have slightly neglected the paintwork. Lol.

if you have any wax on ur car, you need a stripper also... wash twice. microfibre dry.... i use a hairdryer for water ingress in wing mirrors etc.... then clay.... then wash again... then paint prepping atm im using the g3 range but what takes ur fancy/price... some times i use the buffer with a slight cutting compound for swirl marks, but majority of polishes cover these up for a while.... then ive always been told either a wax or sealant. i can honestly say the autoglym sealant is brilliant but this needs to be left on for approx 30-45 mins before buffing off

if you have any wax on ur car, you need a stripper also... wash twice. microfibre dry.... i use a hairdryer for water ingress in wing mirrors etc.... then clay.... then wash again... then paint prepping atm im using the g3 range but what takes ur fancy/price... some times i use the buffer with a slight cutting compound for swirl marks, but majority of polishes cover these up for a while.... then ive always been told either a wax or sealant. i can honestly say the autoglym sealant is brilliant but this needs to be left on for approx 30-45 mins before buffing off

How long does it take you to do all of that? Lol.

Any way of knowing if I have a wax on my car? Would it harm the paint if I used the stripper and there was no wax on there?

I know I've never personally put any wax on.

tbh i could be on the car all day if hovering/windows/cleaning wheels etc.... literally from around 9 in the morning to around 7 at night... and in this time mayb a create of larger lmao....

this i use http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/index.php/exterior-cleaning/prewash-dirt-bug-removers/wax-off-wax-coating-removal.html

very good webiste, and very local to me.... have a scan n read

• Like 1

It would be rude not to have a create of larger whilst working that hard. Lol.

Cheers. I'll have a look around that website.

• Like 1

tbh majority of pics i have (misses took) on the past 3 cars of me cleaning there is some for of alcohol either in my hand or on the floor next to the car...

about 4yrs ago was cleaning my callipers on the rear of a scoob used to own, next door (gone now) kicked a ball hit the car n knocked my beer over... i went mad mainly for the beer, got the ball n put a knife in it in front of there house... lol there dad came out n did nowt. just called him a lazy !Removed! on the dole good for nothing tw't..... haha ive calmed down loads now

• Like 1

Lol. That would be a close 1. Beer or car. Lol.

Damn right about popping the ball.

People need to go careful that could of been a jack Daniels. Lol

• Like 2

Any way of knowing if I have a wax on my car? Would it harm the paint if I used the stripper and there was no wax on there?

When the car gets wet does the water bead (collects in droplets) or does it sit flat (Like a sheet of water)?

If it beads, there's polish/wax still on it. If it sits flat, probably not. (There are a few exceptions to the rule though)

And no, the stripper/cleanser won't do any harm. I'd say do it anyway, just to be on the safe side. Blank canvas as it were.

• Like 1

My current routine for doing it when in a rush.......

1) Hose it down with the jetwash at the local filling station

2) Wipe dry with a microfibre + some of that Demon Shine spray stuff (also helps get shot of splashes of mud the jetwash didn't quite fully remove before the credit ran out on the jetwash)

3) Polish.... currently I've got a bottle of Triplewax polish (since I could use up some of my Nectar points to buy it).... instructions say to use a damp cloth to put it on, so I used a microfibre cloth with a couple of squirts of Demon Shine on it, and a good glob of polish... wipe on, then buff it off with a microfibre drying towel.

4) Clean off the Windows & Mirrors with Autoglym fast glass

5) For cleaning / restoring rubber seals around the doors + boot + bonnet, etc you can use WD-40 (spray it onto a paper towel and wipe it on).... looks quite good when it's still wet.

For the inside......

1) Decosol Cockpit sheen to clean the dashboard, etc (also helps de-odorise the interior with a cranberry scent so strong you can smell it before you've even sprayed the stuff once you take the cap off the can)

2) Decosol Instant Valay to clean up the cloth seats + door cards.

My current routine for doing it when in a rush.......

1) Hose it down with the jetwash at the local filling station

2) Wipe dry with a microfibre + some of that Demon Shine spray stuff (also helps get shot of splashes of mud the jetwash didn't quite fully remove before the credit ran out on the jetwash)

3) Polish.... currently I've got a bottle of Triplewax polish (since I could use up some of my Nectar points to buy it).... instructions say to use a damp cloth to put it on, so I used a microfibre cloth with a couple of squirts of Demon Shine on it, and a good glob of polish... wipe on, then buff it off with a microfibre drying towel.

4) Clean off the Windows & Mirrors with Autoglym fast glass

5) For cleaning / restoring rubber seals around the doors + boot + bonnet, etc you can use WD-40 (spray it onto a paper towel and wipe it on).... looks quite good when it's still wet.

For the inside......

1) Decosol Cockpit sheen to clean the dashboard, etc (also helps de-odorise the interior with a cranberry scent so strong you can smell it before you've even sprayed the stuff once you take the cap off the can)

2) Decosol Instant Valay to clean up the cloth seats + door cards.

Steps 1 and 2 for the exterior? You don't actually ever use a sponge/mitt on the car? Your using the demon shine and a cloth to take off anything that the power washer can't blow off?

you done it yet karl... had a !Removed! lovely day today lmao

Hi Karlos,

Give it a good wash at any valeters £5 in Manchester, then when completely dry as below:

The only true way to get original showroom shine back is to "clay bar " the car with " Bilt Hamber" the best as it doesn't need lube like others just water and this takes all the dirt / traffic film / crap that's imbedded in your paintwork that the eye can't see and it makes it like new again and like glass,

Then get some "Bilt Hamber" " Finis Wax " Autoexpress winner 2014 yet again !! and go over it with the pad and mirco fiber cloth provided and get extra mirco fiber cloths ( Kent) at Asda sell a pack of 6 for £3 and go round buffing the car again it'll be like new again,

You can get your "Bilt Hamber" products direct or via amazon, McGuire's clamber kit from Halfords are good too.

Sent from my HTC One X using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

you done it yet karl... had a !Removed! lovely day today lmao

Lmao. No martyn I was at work. Typical the sun is shinning and I'm stuck at work. I'm going to get the bits and I will be having 2 weeks off soon due to baby no 2 only 5 weeks off. So I will set a day aside to do the car.

the car needs be shinny when you arrive at the labor ward once your partners waters have broke..... just make sure they break before transit lol, not whilst in haha

• Like 2

Lol. I better get some waterproof protective covers

She has already been told if her waters brake in transit she's using public transport from there to the hospital. Lol.

That is true though. I'll have to get it done before.

After washing polishing and waxing try poorboys black hole and if done correctly it should look like this

post-32783-139949545703_thumb.jpg

After washing polishing and waxing try poorboys black hole and if done correctly it should look like this

Did you mean before waxing?

I'm almost sure black hole is a "filler". And you'd use wax as a sealant after it. I've never used it, but it's supposed to be good stuff. If you're picture is anything to go by, it's excellent :D

super resin has filler agent's in it also to hide light swirl markings etc..... but it does look like a deep shine tho

a tad like this with super resin

post-34591-0-57493800-1399569423_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club