Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

ROOE93

Cigar Lighter

5 posts in this topic

I've had all my fuses checked and he only one hat is blown is a 20 amp sqaure fuse it's not a blade, I've been to halfords and they don't sell them, my mate was looking what it would power and it said in the hand book fuel pump? But my car still runs and the cigar lighter doesn't work? Any ideas?post-51583-139896902402_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

fuse location? box number etc...

It says it the fuel pump I'll have a look when I get home

...I've had all my fuses checked and he only one hat is blown is a 20 amp sqaure fuse it's not a blade, I've been to halfords and they don't sell them, my mate was looking what it would power and it said in the hand book fuel pump? But my car still runs and the cigar lighter doesn't work?

Well, for some vehicles (what vehicle is yours?) the manual is completely hopeless on the fuse locations. I don't know why this should be the case, but it is.

In any case, it doesn't seem to be the fuel pump and it does seem to be the cigar lighter, based on what you have said.

Now, you should also ask yourself whether there is a reason that it has gone. Have you plugged anything unusual into the socket recently? I once had the case where a SatNav was plugged in through a multiway adapter, the connector lost a little chrome finisher ring, and I later found it welded inside the socket.... That took the fuse out and it also got close to melting the wiring, which was undesirable.

It's a fiesta 2010 tdci zetec I've replaced the cigar lighter.