Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Chris_carbon

Still Not Fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 posts in this topic

Had usual injector problem

Got new set

Programmed earlier today (communication problem to start with but after an update all is well)

Running fine from 2 ish till about 6

Go to start car again around half seven , won't start , after 5 mins it fires up , drives ok till I push it a little and then it drops power an glow light flashes

Turn off turn on , light out all good , 2 minutes later light back on then 50yds later cuts out and won't restart , 2 mins passes and it fires up

This time EML on Aswell

Creep back to base

Proceed to shout profanities at sky as if it would help

I'm confused , anybody got any ideas ?

Thanks folks

Chris

Sent from the enterprise

Hi Chris,

Sounds like the timing isnt right?

I too have thought this , it's been checked and given the all clear ,

Apparently the "new" injectors were as weak as anything and weren't holding pressure , originals now need reconditioning .....

This I turning out not to be so much fun to own as I thought :D

Sent from the enterprise

sadly this is the common issue with this model mondeo! its a pain in the backside at best!

Aye true , but they are now being sorted and hopefully I will have a working car by weekend , only things left to do are sort the heko deflectors and MOT the !Removed! thing , hopefully it will be worthy of some pics for the build thread page soon

Sent from the enterprise