Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cornering Lamps

BIGGSY

Hello,

I have a 201/2012 Ford Focus Titanium (New Model). I was looking through my owners manual and noticed that it talked about Cornering Lamps. I Understand that when you turn the steering wheel the front fog lamp on the side of the car going into the corner lights up to brighten up the corner.

Is there a facility to turn this on or do i have to add a fuse anywhere to get this feature?

I think this Feature is on the Titanium X but can you get this on the Titanium?

many thanks

Chris

On mine the cornering lamps are within the light cluster, which is different to the Titanium as they are Bi-Xenon projectors.

They are also used when you flash someone with the headlights off, to save the HIDs.

I've got these on mine there ace !!, mine work with the Auto lights ,I always thought that they were a gimmick but I wouldn't touch a car without them!

Sent from my HTC One X using Ford OC mobile app

Admiral do you have the HID lights like Alexp999? Or do you have different set up. I've noticed a lot of cars like VW and Skoda and seat etc have there front fog lights activate on each side depending on which way your turning and want to know if the fords do this??

Thanks for the replys guys.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Hi Biggsy, no there just the standard directional headlamps you get on the Titanium X, I've thought about looking into fitting the better type of bulbs like "Nightbreaker"etc.. but I've heard they only last 6 months (ish) , Defo gettin Xenons on my next Mondeo,

The tit x comes with bi-xenons as standard. :blink:

Edit:

NVM, just seen you have a Mondeo.

It does on the Titanium X Sport but my cars a 10 reg Titanium X

• 1 year later...

Hi guys

I have a 2015 Titaniun X and, I have already replaced the approach lamps to led and I would like replace the cornering lamps to led.

Has anyone carried this procedure and is so was it worth it....I dont like the yellowish hue from the original bulbs.

Thanks in advance for any help....

Jon

• 1 year later...

@BIGGSY Did you ever get the cornering lamps fitted?

On 18/08/2015 at 9:24 AM, bigjon1961 said:

Hi guys

I have a 2015 Titaniun X and, I have already replaced the approach lamps to led and I would like replace the cornering lamps to led.

Has anyone carried this procedure and is so was it worth it....I dont like the yellowish hue from the original bulbs.

Thanks in advance for any help....

Jon

Congratulations on bumping a very old thread. Please post this question in a new topic.