Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Exhaust Emissions Carbon Monoxide Content After 2Nd Fast Idle Excessive

kylejames

Hi guys

Had a new lambda fitted 2 days ago and had my mot today. Failed for

"Exhaust emissions carbon monoxide content after 2nd fast idle excessive" they did the test twice the results are below.

Test one

1st fast idle test

Limits Actual

CO % VOL 0.20 0.49

2nd fast idle test

Limits Actual

CO % VOL 0.20 0.65

Test Two

Limits Actual

CO % VOL 0.20 0.77

2nd fast idle test

Limits Actual

CO % VOL 0.20 0.43

they put an additive in my fuel which said may have helped, but it didnt luckily they didnt charge me for it. Also failed on RBT service brake efficiency: 48%, they said I was only 2 off. They said a clean, adjust and lubricate of my rear brakes would sort it.

Does anyone have any advice?

I'm sure I had a similar problem with my old fiesta, oxygen sensor went which meant that the engine was most likely running rich and using more fuel than it needed...this then in turn blocked up the cat and caused it to fail its mot on that

The advice I was given was to try something like cataclean and give it an 'Italian tune up' down the motorway but as my mot had ran out I couldn't really do it, so unfortunately can't say if it works or not but I'm sure other members on here have had similar problems

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club