Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7.5 Sony Stereo Speaker/sub Upgrades.

scottbufc

All

I've recently got a Titanium TDCi 2013 model which I believe is MK7.5 with the Sony DAB stereo. I'm pleased with the car overall but not overly happy with the sound. I find whenever the volume gets above 20 the bass is distorted and the Speakers start 'rattling'. I see that Ford offer an upgrade of a Pioneer under seat sub, has anyone had this done and does it solve these bass problems? Is it advisable to upgrade the door Speakers? Can the sub be installed and then bass stopped from coming out of the door Speakers?

Basically I'm just looking for some advice from anybody who has done or had any sort of upgrades on this system.

Thanks in advance.

You can manually adjust the bass figures anyway, when using the sub they have manual switches for bass adjustment. But personally I don't rate the under seat ones, subs belong in boots and should be at least 12" or 2x10" and the cones need to be as solid as you can afford. Pioneer ones vary in quality quite a bit, Sony stuff is hit and miss also, the leading rate stuff is cheap, flappy and soft. I used to always get rockford stuff when changing audio equipment was quick and easy.

But what source are you using for the music? Is it via your phone / ipod? I found the quality improved a lot when you have flat equaliser setting and adjusted the setting on your device not the car. It makes the volume per notch quieter usually around 25 on the car where before anything over 15 was loud. But play around with the set up first before spending anything.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Thanks for your response Matt.

The source I am using for music is a 4GB USB stick playing through the Aux. I have noticed that the bass rattles more on this than when the same song is on the DAB radio on the same volume settings. Is it known that the quality is worse through the USB? I have played with the EQ settings on the car and reducing the bass has certainly stopped the rattling to an extent but in an ideal world I don't want to have the bass on -3 just to stop the rattling.

I assume you haven't had any experience of the under seat sub which Ford offer as an extra? Anything I do have done would be through Ford as I don't have a Car Audio shop local and have no experience of doing this at all myself.

Thanks.

No sorry dude, only experienced the alpine under seat one.

What files are the tunes in? If playing at less than 128kbs then the quality won't be that great.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

The tunes are in MP3 format. Some were just 128kbs but I also burnt a CD at around 300kbs and was still getting problems with the bass rattling so I ruled that out as being the potential problem.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club