Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Mondeo Estate!

DJ_Andy_M

As some of you may have seen on the Focus forum my MK2.5 Focus is very broken after a seal blew in the turbo, and as of yet the warranty company have not paid out.

In the mean time I went and picked my self up a bit of a bargain.

A nice W Reg MK2 Mondeo Estate. 113,000 on the clock.

Body work has no dents in it, and paint work is in very good shape.

alloys are immaculate, no curbing what so ever.

Looks like it's been serviced well, and has good a set of tires all round.

IMG_20140502_115906_zps778f17ae.jpg

There is however one strange thing that I'm trying to get my head around... Acceleration.

I don't know if the clutch is shot, or the traction control is doing something but when I try and accelerate to over take, it just revs up and doesn't deliver full power to the wheels. Its fine if you gentally accelerate, but giving it the boot is another story. However, switched the traction control off, and I did notice a difference in response. The test will be later on the motorway however.

Any ideas on that one?

Only other things to look at is a CV gator, need to see if that's been done, along with a scored brake disk and brake pipes showing wear.

How much did you pick this bargain up for?

As for the issue, it sounds like clutch is a likely candidate. Does it have a high biting point?

It could be that the ABS Sensors are causing the traction control some difficulty to be honest, best bet is to see if you can read any error codes from it and see if you can track down which sensor may be at fault.

Are you sure its not the clutch,worn suspension can cause an esp to kick in all the time,but mk2s only had tc as standard on v6 models and an option on some other mk2s,whats the exact model?

faulty abs sensors will make the tc module confused so to speak so it will cut in and out,are the revs doing anything odd??

Black 55 3.0ghiax,ss straight thru,57i,black hekos&indi's red

calipers,cf mirrors,st lip,leather/alcantara,50kmiles.

Bargain price of £475.

I'm more inclined to say it was probably a psychological thing turning the traction control off making the clutch better.

It has a very high biting point, but in the last couple of days it's just got worse. Then again it has had to move a fridge, and today a washing machine a fair few miles!

Can the clutch be adjusted? I want to try that first as oddly last night going round a quite high angled bend seemed to make the clutch bite better for a few seconds. Otherwise its a new clutch job I guess (and its an rse hole from what've been reading)

Dual mass or single mass fly wheel on these things?

Hi again smf mate for the mk2 alot cheaper than the dmf that the mk3s need as they were dezigned for them some guys have smf into mk3s with no problems but they can cause vibtration issuses,my mk2s clutch lasted 97k and the smf replacement cost£380 fitted.

Black 55 3.0ghiax,ss straight thru,57i,black hekos&indi's red

calipers,cf mirrors,st lip,leather/alcantara,50kmiles.