Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Sooty Show!!

rusty fez

I have recently purchased a 2006 1.4 tdci Fieta rreplacing my trusty "rusty fez" which was the old 1.8 tdi. Whilst I am really pleased withe the car in terms of economy(60+ mpg),quietness, blah, blah I am not happy about the soot!The car has obviously been pootling around for the last couple of years as it has done very little mileage between last two MOTs.I initially thought it just needed a clear out so I have given it some stick on my regular 25 mile commute on the M1 and also treat her to regular feeds of Redex thinking it may be the injectors that were a bit grubby.I am getting black deposits on the bumper around the exhaust (looks lovely against the light blue paint) and there is lots of soot in the engine bay (all aroung the air filter housing particularly.I also get some hesitation on acceleration aroung 2500 rpm and then a big cloud of black smoke as the engine picks up again.The car is under a 3 month warranty from a local Ford dealer so I will get it sorted but I would like some advice as to what the issue is so I dont get fobbed off .I am also enjoying the recent good weather and my new fez is starting to create its own micro climate. Apologies for anyone who lives between J28 and J25 on the M1-have you noticed it always seems to be cloudy?? Anybody got any answers for me-nothing too technical please -I do have a tendency to glaze over with teccy talk.Cheers.

Hi,

Im not sure if the car has an EGR valve but if it does then you should blank it with a stainless steel plate,

Does it throw out a blue cloud after being parked for 8 hours?

This could indicate a leaking injector filling the cylinder over the idle period,

Also check the injectors for signs of oil,

Is the engine burning much oil itself?

Ive saw diptane clear a blocked DPF on a 2007 1.6tdci focus before perhaps use some diptane instead of redex,

Also

At the next oil change use a can of Wynnes engine flush for diesels,

this will clear the carbon from the oil sump,

Has it been run on good diesel or red diesel in the past,?

Have the fuel filter changed to help flush thin)s through,

Check the intercooler pipes and induction hose for signs of a split or leak which would reduce performance

The turbo is active at 2500rpm so could be a blockage or leak in pipes affecting its performance.

Good God I thought I would be on my own at tis time of day!! Thanks for the info -It has had new oil and filters (air and fuel too)and does not seem to be burning oil.Had a weeks holiday where it stood around for a couple of days - tick over was a bit lumpy for a little while on start up from cold but when used daily this does not happen.There does appear to be a small diesel leak from left hand side of engine -injector seal? could that be source of problem or is that a seperate issue?

Good God I thought I would be on my own at tis time of day!! Thanks for the info -It has had new oil and filters (air and fuel too)and does not seem to be burning oil.Had a weeks holiday where it stood around for a couple of days - tick over was a bit lumpy for a little while on start up from cold but when used daily this does not happen.There does appear to be a small diesel leak from left hand side of engine -injector seal? could that be source of problem or is that a seperate issue?

nah im awake,

Looking for a cure for lower back pain, feels like a tooth ache,

A leaking fuel injector can cause excessive carbon and lumps in your oil,

Left untreated has saw turbo failure due to carbon build up in the oil sump,

Look up leaking injectors on youtube,

They give off a ticling noise that you may also be able to hear on your own motor,

If i was you,

Id go to a different garage and get the injector checked,

Then if found to be faulty, go back to the garage providing warrenty and have it fixed,

Can be big money if you had to pay mate.

This is TDCi technoligy, those injectors need to be synced to the software on your specific ECU,

They are variable controled valves not like the old skool fixed stream burst,

They also run at somthing like 60bar so i would go disconnecting them myself,

But you will notice a leaking injector,

Look on youtube,

Also clean the area and examine for the leak to come back again,

thanks for advice-really useful.Cure for back ache-alchohol.Thats my words of wisdom for today!

• Like 1

thanks for advice-really useful.Cure for back ache-alchohol.Thats my words of wisdom for today!

no prob,

If you do have a leaking injector or even for peace of mind,

I would use a can of Wynnes engine flush for diesel next time your doing an oil change, it helps to flush out all the old oil and carbon deposits,

Im on 5 tablets 3 times a day since last monday plus exercises lol doctor says ive tore muscles and my back has gone stiff as result, so i need to.do exercises to loosen the back in the hopes the go back in to place,

Tablets are great but i cant feel the ground when walking after taking the tablets lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club