Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Part Fell Off - Don't Know What It's Called

stevc999

Hi,

Irecently bought a 2nd hard Fiesta Zetec and I noticed this morning that a part on the fron bumper has fallen off - or been nicked (although why that would happen I don't know).

It's a bit to the left of the front number plate as you look at it

I have attached a photo - can anyone tell me what this part is, where to get it and maybe what it does?

Would really appreciate it

Thanks,

Stephen

post-54006-0-45675200-1399206511_thumb.j

• Like 1

Looks like the toweye cover to me, is the thing visible behind the missing bit threaded?

Yes it is - sounds like a good call - thanks

How is it fited to the car does the part slot in to the threaded but behind it or does it just slot in?

The plastic bit just clips into the bumper, the thread behind is only used for scewing the toweye into when the car needs towing. Probably your best bet for replacing it is eBay, having a quick look myself it seems a lot of them are only primed so would need painting, but there will no doubt be painted ones out there! Did you buy it privately or from a dealer? If the latter then they should replace the missing bit for you. It may also be worth checking with the parts department of a dealer, sometimes their prices are surprising and you may be able to get a new painted one cheap.

The plastic bit just clips into the bumper, the thread behind is only used for scewing the toweye into when the car needs towing. Probably your best bet for replacing it is ebay, having a quick look myself it seems a lot of them are only primed so would need painting, but there will no doubt be painted ones out there! Did you buy it privately or from a dealer? If the latter then they should replace the missing bit for you. It may also be worth checking with the parts department of a dealer, sometimes their prices are surprising and you may be able to get a new painted one cheap.

If its bought from a dealer then its missing a toe eye cover,

If its bought privately then thats an additional induction inlet passage to aid throttle response in 5th gear :)

• Like 4

If its bought from a dealer then its missing a toe eye cover,

If its bought privately then thats an additional induction inlet passage to aid throttle response in 5th gear :)

you dont half crack me up fella.......

• Like 1

you dont half crack me up fella.......

see above there Mart :)

Dammit I want one. Why can't Ford's fit those things as standard? Or is something else the US market gets that we don't??

:P

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club