#16 seamo44

seamo44

• FOC Supporters
  • 13 posts
  • Name: martin
  • Ford Model: Fusion Plus 1.6 tdci
  • Year: 2009

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:39 PM

It's actually pretty simple! You'd surprise yourself :)

2004 Ford Fusion 3 TDCI.

I had the DAB upgrade done today & while collecting, I had a chat with the service technician (mechanic  :P). He told me, off the record that the blanking plate will flag an error on the ECU & depending on circumstances could put the car into limp mode. He advised also that a poorly manufactured plate would breakup & it would be better to simply bypass the valve altogether. He suggested a Haynes manual to view the layout & work it out from there. Regarding your comment above, he said that if I am able to change a headlight bulb from the instructions in the manual, then the blanking plate shouldn't be any harder, providing I have the correct tools.......Interesting & food for thought.

Cheers

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Mikey923

Mikey923

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Fusion 1.4 TDCI
  • Year: 2004

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:24 AM

Never heard of anyone getting errors from blanking and I only have positives to say about it!

He's dead right about the cheaper ones breaking up however! And if you're going to get one make sure it's a full block and not one with a little hole.. These go against the whole point of blocking it! Just make sure to get a Stainless Steel Block and I highly doubt you'll have any problems

2004 Ford Fusion 3 TDCI.

#18 seamo44

seamo44

• FOC Supporters
  • 13 posts
  • Name: martin
  • Ford Model: Fusion Plus 1.6 tdci
  • Year: 2009

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:53 PM

These plates seem to be all prices. I can see one that's £3 & is 2mm stainless steel. I now have the Haynes manual & will look at the various videos guides etc & the cost of tools, before making a decision to do it.

On another topic. My other half & I have just returned from a week long break that involved a fair bit of driving. I'm really, really pleased with this car. We have covered 800 miles on just over a tank & a half or £76 (Approx). We are both amazed how well the car performed in a variety of conditions & road surfaces. The engine ran really well, with a decent amount of smoothly delivered grunt where required. As far as the flat spot at pull off, a nominal adjustment to the amount of rev's & the clutch lift has more or less eliminated any niggle. Some of the roads driven were not much more than tracks, with one in Wiltshire between Devizes & Stone Henge (?) being a real dog. The Fusion coped very well & with the extra luggage & equipment for camping, offering plenty of space & comfort as well. I am especially happy with the auto wiper feature, that has already made me a lazy git, tutting when I have to actually press the stalk for a single sweep.

If I were to have a niggle, I would have to say that the boot lip/bumper holds a lot of water & thus are quite dirty after the trip. Not much to worry about. Any questions or comments are most welcome.

#19 Musicman0311

Musicman0311

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Name: Ken
  • Ford Model: Fusion

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:50 AM

Ive bought the 1.6 16v ford fussion2 what is the difference between the fussion 1..fussion2. .and fussion 3??? And I think on motorways the wind doesn't half catch you..but yeah correct they are good on fuel nippy if need be and ive taken parcel shelf out and put dog gaurds up n plenty room for my 2 dogs English staffiture bull terriers no sweat loads room..like the fact all seats in back fold away n sort of turns into little van..kool..with capital K I love my fussion2 and will have a long time

I think the Fusion 1 is the starting point. fusion 2 added heated screen and aircon. fusion 3 added heated screen, aircon, alloy wheels and front spots. 

Regards

MM

#20 INDUSTRYHATER

INDUSTRYHATER

• Members via FB
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Name: aaron
  • Ford Model: Ford Fusion plus

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:28 PM

I think the Fusion 1 is the starting point. fusion 2 added heated screen and aircon. fusion 3 added heated screen, aircon, alloy wheels and front spots. 

Regards

MM

I can confirm my fusion 2 + has heated screen, air con, alloys, fogs and a factory fitted tv and DVD player ;)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users