Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retro Fit Of Oem Xenon Headlights To Mk2/2.5

minimadgriff

Afternoon All,

To those that have retrofitted OEM xenon headlights to their Focus and already had the 10 pin connectors, what have you done with the levelling?

The pin configuration is the same between halogen and xenon if you have the 10 pin connectors on the halogen lights but the manual levelling doesn't work once you fit the Xenon's. I believe this is because the 4 wire servo motors work differently to the halogen 3 wire stepper motors.

Have you switched the wires round to get the manual levelling to work with the xenon motor or swapped the motors and put the halogen motor in the xenon lamp unit?

Thanks in advance,

No one?

I've done this retrofit in the past, but I've forgotten the details. But I remember that I used the old leveling motors from the old headlights.

Thanks, :) Did you have to swap any pins around?

I had 7 or 8 pins of 10 and I've made plenty of changes to the pins, but I don't think that I've made any changes to the leveling motors. I've just cut the cables and reconnected them.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club