Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rusty Problems..

JayGhia

Alas, the one armed bandit has set out to sort this rust issue out.

Recently bought my first car, a little 98' Ford Fiesta Ghia. Having sorted out the dented and bad hinges on the door, (Full Door Replacement), I cracked on with the rust today.

So armed with nothing but common-sense, and a crack set of head phones I got on with it.

First I used a 80 bit [?] sanding wheel to get the bulk of the rust off, then went to a 100 bit, and straight to the sanding mouse, needless to say Dad used all the sanding pads so I had to buy more, -.-...

Thankfully most of the rust was surface, and it's all down to shiny nice metal, except one.. see the pictures below, literally put my finger through the car.. I didn't know my own strength!!

Shot down Halfords and bought this little pot of stuff, cant remember what it's called. A milky white liquid, applied it to the rust area, and apparently in 3 hours, it turns the rust to black metal, and it's workable. I'm not trusting it to be a cure, but an improvement at the least would be good.

So with that applied my next steps are to filler the car and sanded areas to get rid of the holes and dips, sand, and re apply until I'm happy she's all groovy where she should be!

Then primer, paint and lacker.

I'll add a few more pictures once it's all done. I'd greatly appreciate any advice, critique or a pat on the back, if this helps someone else, even better!

Cheers Ladies and Lads, Peace!

post-53965-0-65274600-1399296064_thumb.j

post-53965-0-63177000-1399296109_thumb.j

post-53965-0-99459800-1399296150_thumb.j

post-53965-0-62038600-1399296185_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club