arnosvale

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Name: steven
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 Ghia hatchback
  • Year: 2003

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:58 PM

Too big Vincent. I already have a big sport tourer as I stated in my intro. My wifes words were, "No more big estate cars." By the way my jag is up to £820 with 14 hrs left. According to Autotrader it is worth £1250 so I will keep an eye on it until just before the deadline and then if she aint made much more `i will de list it.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 arnosvale

arnosvale

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:02 PM

I must say that doing abit of checking Focus parts do seem to be very reasonably priced compared to my last few cars. BMW 5 series petrol x 2 (Sublime), X type jag estate diesel x 2 (mediocre except on M way), Laguna 111 diesel sport tourer (Excellent).

#18 The Admiral

The Admiral

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Name: Vincent
  • Ford Model: Mondeo 2.0 Titanium X
  • Year: 2010

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:12 PM

Your definitely getting the best Focus mk1 but I'd definitely hold out for a Ghia model better equipped and the engines are great except 1.4 which only came in basic spec.

Sent from my HTC One X using Ford OC mobile app

#19 arnosvale

arnosvale

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:24 PM

It is a Ghia I have my eye on. What about the dreaded cam belt? I always like to have these jobs done myself with the proper parts regardless of what it says or doesn't say in the service history. I only ever believe proper main dealer service history anyway. This one has the proper history up to 50000 miles and then it gets very vague after that. I suspect someone has lost half of it. Strange as the same owner has had it since 2004. It states one previous owner on the V5 so I suspect it was a demo before that. The interior is in good shape but it does have the usual scuffs on the bodywork. The last MOT said that the rear springs were corroded, the dealer says they have been done. Of course I believe him!!!!!! That was the only advisory.

#20 The Admiral

The Admiral

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Name: Vincent
  • Ford Model: Mondeo 2.0 Titanium X
  • Year: 2010

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:54 PM

Not a fan of Ford main dealers to be honest !, they like stamping service books and charging top wack but not service as they should, my wife use to have a brand new '06,Focus 1:6 Ghia and we had it's serviced regular and it was only on the last service 25k (?3 year's old ) at my brothers garage "another dealer" that all the original factory parts were replaced but for 3 year's we'd paid for full services and they'd never changed a thing!!

Sent from my HTC One X using Ford OC mobile app

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users