Ian BN11

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Ian
  • Ford Model: Focus Sport Zetec TDCi
  • Year: 2011

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:45 PM

Hi All,

I purchased a 2011 Focus Sport Zetec 1.6TDCi (not new shape) about 3 mnths ago. This is the model with the blue display for the radio/cd, sat nav & bluetooth etc. Been great so far, just a niggling couple of items recently - the clock keeps going back to 20/02/11!! With the ignition on &/or engine running its possible to reset the clock to the correct present date & time but when switching off it goes back to the 20/02/11 date and the rev counter sticks on 1000 revs & the fuel gauge stays on whatever level you have instead of going back to zero!!! Never had this with any previous Focus, it is first registered 10/03/11, wonder if that Feb date was when it was set up / fitted originally? Could this be an ECU problem? HELP PLEASE! Many thanks. Ian

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,748 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:19 PM

Sounds to me like a radio issue. Sounds like its not retaining the keep alive memory from the battery when its off. I would suggest remove the radio (keep the code to hand!) and check the wiring loom at the back, make sure none of the wires are loose or not firmly connected. It might be as simple as this, otherwise its likely to be a fault with the radio itself I would suspect.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Clock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users