Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

FORD FAIR – SILVERSTONE – 6TH AUGUST 2017

Join us on the Ford Owners Club stand at Ford Fair, Silverstone on Sunday 6th August 2017.

Click this link to find out more

• Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

ecreative

Ford Sync Updates

171 posts in this topic

Yes they charge 

Thank you..... any Idea what Fords rates are these days and I'm guessing for a 30 min job it would be an hours labour? ;)

Depends on your dealer, mine would only charge me the time it takes.

Best to agree ahead if you can as sometimes the Ford software or servers take a bit longer than expected.

1 hour ago, Willy said:

You could try the latest update yourself. Load the file to a blank usb stick. I'm not responsible if it ***** it up though 😆

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4kK7sBL_tqLNVFldHZTNm45V0E/view?usp=drivesdk

Is it a common update file?

My fiesta is a 63 plate Fiesta 1.0T Zetec S Registered Sept 13

It's for my 2015 Titanium X with dab. Don't think is specific to my car.

One thing I do know is early sync models can't be updated due to hardware restrictions. This affects cars from 62 to 63 plates but that's only a rough guess.

My Ford dealer charges £70 an hour and I have heard the upgrade cost is £90

6 hours ago, Willy said:

It's for my 2015 Titanium X with dab. Don't think is specific to my car.

One thing I do know is early sync models can't be updated due to hardware restrictions. This affects cars from 62 to 63 plates but that's only a rough guess.

Damn, I've downloaded so many different Sync files trying to update mine (63 plate Titanium) with no success, I guess I know why now.

Yeah I had issues with my 2013 fiesta. After many calls to Ford Customer services I was told sync wasn't updatable. This later changed in 2014 when new units were being installed with better hardware 

My dealer quoted £140 to do the update, will that link work on my 14 plate fiesta?

You think they would include a system update with every major service (2 yearly).  It's not like it will take them that long to do - surely once the technician starts the update, it's pretty much an automated process, meaning they can do the actual vehicle service whilst it's happening!

Oh, but this is Ford. I forget that their customers are an inconvenience.

Give it a try. 

5 hours ago, Willy said:

Yeah I had issues with my 2013 fiesta. After many calls to Ford Customer services I was told sync wasn't updatable. This later changed in 2014 when new units were being installed with better hardware 

How do you tell the difference between the two?

Do the headunits physically look different?

If you can't see track info while playing bluetooth content on a 62, 13, 63 and some 14 plate cars then it's likely you have the early sync version.

On 06/02/2017 at 11:46 PM, Willy said:

If you can't see track info while playing bluetooth content on a 62, 13, 63 and some 14 plate cars then it's likely you have the early sync version.

Is there an update for this issue?

On 06/02/2017 at 9:53 AM, Willy said:

You could try the latest update yourself. Load the file to a blank usb stick. I'm not responsible if it ***** it up though 😆

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4kK7sBL_tqLNVFldHZTNm45V0E/view?usp=drivesdk

For anyone interested/worried, I tried this on my 63 Fiesta (which doesn't show track info on bluetooth), but I just got an Installation Unsuccessful message.

13 hours ago, ollie2017uk said:

Is there an update for this issue?

No

I've signed up for the American version and downloaded SYNC v4.6 from a 2014 Fiesta Titanium. Will this still work on a UK model fiesta from the same year and sync spec?

On 3/30/2016 at 4:40 PM, cacollins92 said:

Here's a link for the SYNC 1 update to the latest 5.9 firmware EA5T-14D544-AD 

Having had a bit of difficulty downloading from Ford India figured this might help a few people out. 

Simple click the download link>download the files>Copy to blank USB drive

e.g.

USB:\F\

SyncMyRide [folder]

autoinstall.lst

install.lst

Hi

One file in this archive is broken, E1BT-14D546-JB.cab which is 9.8mb in size, can anyone provide this file please or a fresh copy of the EA5T-14D544-AD archive,

Regards

TheWood

Try this link, i had it on my machine from another download. I have no idea if it works and I can't accept any responsibility for it but if you get something working please let me know!

So i just checked, the file as you say is corrupt, the one i've uploaded isn't, i can access the files in the cab, I would assume its the same file, they have the same creation date (but of course I don't know for sure!)

I've only just got my ST-3 (a 2015 one with v5.8).  As mentioned by others the Indian, American and Australian Ford websites wouldn't let me register with my VIN number (VIN doesn't belong to this country) so need to rely on an uploaded file.

Willy's uploaded update files worked great for me (thanks for making it available!). 

They come zipped so I extracted them using windows explorer and copied the one folder and 2 files to a freshly FAT formatted USB stick (a 1GB one was sufficient for me) .  With the engine running I plugged in the USB stick.  I pressed menu button and went to the Sync sub-menu.  Somewhere within there was 'get sync update'.  After selecting this option the system loaded the files from the USB, unpacked them, rebooted, then started talking to me about how it was updating.  I left it alone for 30 minutes or so with the engine running and when I came back the version had updated to v5.9.

Thanks again!