Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St - Mountune Or Bluefin?

jackgl

Hi guys,

Just upgraded to an ST-2 and was wondering if anyone has the mountune mp215 upgrade and what they think of it compared to standard?

Also has anyone got the bluefin?

Any feedback on both would be appreciated :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

I'm in the same boat as you, not sure on mountune as seen dyno's and comments where they only making 205 or less bhp seems a lot of money for only a few bhp and with superchips don't want to loose the warranty

I know what you mean, would be nice to drive one that's already got the kit so I have something to compare it too which would make the decision easy.

Yeah I'd like a drive in one. I spoke to one of the local Ford techs about it while waiting for my St to arrive, he installed the mountune a few months ago on one and said it's ok but not amazing but 600 for a filter a hose and a remap that seems to be asking a lot. But don't forget the badge, that's where the extra 4-5 bhp is ;)

Yeah, haven't seen any mountune fiesta's myself yet, I was gonna go for the package with the mtune box that does all the data logging, dials and 0-60 times, £799+fitting.

Hi guys,

I'm exactly the same on the fence about it! Getting it done through Ford is really expensive but buying it from montune then Ford fitting it works out exactly the same price 599+ pretty steep for what you're getting in return:( So with bluefin it's losing the warranty that's the issue :/ decisions decisions decisions, what too dooo? Haha ;)

Marc :)

Sent from my LG-D802 using Ford OC mobile app

Or if you can, got to Mountune HQ to get it fitted, Ford's labour rates are ridiculous for an hour!

• Like 1

I wouldn't dream of doing anything that would void the warranty on my ST, you never know what kind of expense that might cause in the first 3 years. Although to be fair, it probably wouldn't add up to £600 even if several things went wrong.

Its so expensive though the mp upgrade. £50 per bhp roughly not worth it.

To be fair I think the stock ST is quick enough, if you are going down the mountune route it may be worth waiting for the MR kit so stage 2. the MR kit will probably not be in warranty but may be a 230 or 240 kit. But it may not even happen if an RS is coming out. I wish Ford would hurry up and decide what the future holds lol

I'm taking mine to mountune hq and there doin me a finance deal 50 quid a month for the 215 kit and the mats and boot liner and short shift kit. Dnt mind as it's nt gunna burn my pocket all in one go. Take it the hq in Essex for 0% finance

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

Yeah that's exactly what I'm looking to do lol,

Evidently there has been a few guys on STOC that have had issues with the upgrade affecting one of the valves. I'm gonna hold off for a few months and see what occurs

Evidently there has been a few guys on STOC that have had issues with the upgrade affecting one of the valves.

Is that the Mountune MP215? I'll probably get that eventually, lets hope if there is a problem they can fix it.

Some say valves some say pistons. But corsa vxrs had problems with piston 4 scoring the block after a few years with no mods. It's a new engine and something Ford aren't that familiar with so a few issues are bound to pop up, it's just easier for them to say it's due to the upgrade. But a remap and an air filter will be hard pressed to do that kind of damage.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

It's with mountune. I think best thing is to watch press and forums for updates to this before making a decision. Mind if you get mountune the warranty is still valid so shouldn't be too difficult to get it sorted

It's a new engine and something Ford aren't that familiar with so a few issues are bound to pop up, it's just easier for them to say it's due to the upgrade.

According to Wikipedia the 1.6 Ecoboost engine has been around since 2009 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EcoBoost#1.6_L_EcoBoost_I-4

I would have thought that's enough time for them to find any serious faults with the design of the engine.

Announced in 2009 and going into major production are two different things. Look how long it takes any concept idea to enter production.

Yes, but wasny wasn't it put into the S-Max & Mondeo not sure when though!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Been searching around for a while now and i think by the sounds of things Finsports new re map they have released seems to be doing the trick not too expensive either- ordering at the end of the month! if you are after proper gains has to be the Revo stage 1 and 2 though!!

With the Bluefin remap can anyone clear this up for me, It says a 38bhp increase, I take it then on overboost that equates to around 220 bhp ? or is it 200bhp on overboost and then an additional 38 bhp?

It would be 180 plus 38. Under EU rules they cannot use the 200bhp stats as they are temporary figures. So in fact it's 20 odd bhp

Cheers Matt, you reckon that would drop the 0-60 below 6 seconds?

Not under 6 secs that focus rs beating speeds. Would need something like pumaspeed 260 pack

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club