Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2002 Ford Mondeo Zetec Tdci 2.0 Manual Glow Plug Light Flashes Constantly, Cuts Out Over 70Mph

kgford

Thanks for your help! 2002 Ford Mondeo Zetec TDCi 2.0 manual car 93k miles:

1. Takes 2-3 attempts to start when cold -starts fine rest of the day

2. Big cloud of white smoke when it does start the first time of the day

3. Glow plug light constantly flashes once car starts and never stops flashing

4. Cuts out over 70mph...can get to 80mph if I gently accelerate

5. No check engine light

6. DTC's read "none" when I hold down the Trip Reset button

The car has been this way as long as I've owned it (four months). Never noticed the engine cut out at high speed until someone came to buy it and drove the hell out of it. I haven't found any posts about the glow plug light flashing constantly and immediately from start up. It doesn't matter if I drive for five hours across the country...the glow plug light flashes forever...I've never seen it not flashing while the car is running.

Thanks again guys! Can't wait to get to the bottom of this!

Have u checked fuel pressure or replaced glow plugs

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Sounds like a combination of errors. Glow plugs seem to play a part - if the glow plug light is staying on for a long time when you turn the key to position 2 you probably could do with some new ones. This will be part of the starting problem. The white smoke is probably just water / condensation, if it burns off after a few miles dont worry, but if its permenant then you could be looking at a bigger problem.

With the cutout, I would say you need to check the fuel filter. Its probably more related to revs, if you put your foot down you probably find that at any point the car will cut out under a certain load, so you may need to replace the filter.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club