Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

kremmen

Does the Zetec s auto lock?

7 posts in this topic

I seem to have mislaid my Manual .

Can anyone advise if the car locks automatically? My daughter says that as I went shopping with the radio on the car doors were ok but a few minutes with the radio off and the doors locked. This didnt happen when the keys were in the ignition and the radio off.

Paul

Yep, i was standing talking to a mate outside my car after unlocking it and after about 1 minute i heard the wing mirrors going in and it locked itself.

This the same with any of the cars?

mine locks after 30 seconds if i dont open any doors

I thought it only auto locks if the drivers door hasnt been opened, Max has a habit of leaving the keys in the ignition when opening the garage, so if the door was to shut and auto lock he would be in big trouble!!!! saying that I have been sat in the car with the engine switched off and after 30 seconds ive heard a click noise but dont think the doors are locked - dunno though they may be - will need to investigate further lol

Yep, doors will only lock if you unlock the vehicle and leave the car without opening the door. Michelle, you probably heard the immobiliser activated as they usually automatically activate when the car is turned off.

yeh mine does this too need to remember to take keys out