Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

1.6 Tdci Brake Upgrade

Tank1987

Hi all getting my 18s soon what is a good brake upgrade been looking at st disc and ds2500 pads but what is need to fit setup

Callipers n their carriers for a start...... a good pait knock you bk around 120-150 2nd hand

Around about what I thought

Be prepared for a decent performance drop and noticeable fuel consuption increase. Not taking into consideration the weight difference between 16 and 18" wheels, the weight difference between your stock discs and the 300 mm ones ( the st ones are 320mm! ) is 2-3 kg's per discs. You make the count how much additional weight is going to torture that engine when you add the weight of the new discs and new bigger calipers.

• Like 1

Then u get it mapped..... I wouldnt mind mondeo 2.2 set up.... just a tad pricey...... im running 18's with the 300mm....

in theory ur running 16's ur disks are 278...... do u need the extra? Try changing ur brakefluid first see if that improves

• Like 1

Brake are ok at moment just like to weigh up options and know what's involved in different setups

• Like 1

Be prepared for a decent performance drop and noticeable fuel consumption increase. Not taking into consideration the weight difference between 16 and 18" wheels, the weight difference between your stock discs and the 300 mm ones ( the st ones are 320mm! ) are 2-3 kg's per discs. You make the count how much additional weight is going to torture that engine when you add the weight of the new discs and the new bigger calipers.

Totally agree with all of the avove,

Unsprung mass is somthing you rarely see discussed and it impacts on performance when upgrading the size of your rims,

I've got a remapped 1.6TDCi focus rolling on 18x8 ST facelift alloys with standard brakes discs&pads all is 100%

The car doesn't have the acceleration of an ST so doesn't need the stopping power of one,

The bigger rims do draw away some performance though, and ride is hard, if i was buying again id choose some 17s

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club