AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Bobleeswagger

Mk1 I Think?

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I bought a MK1 Focus 1.6 (2002) Petrol Friday. I've noticed soon as I start the car up the fan is on instantly, is this normal? My last car was a Punto and that only kicked in once it got warm.

Also, are these cars worth remapping for better mpg?

Hi welcome :)

is the a/c on? that will kick the fan on at all times

is the a/c on? that will kick the fan on at all times

It's not, no. It's gasless so I don't have it on :P

Look at the heater control dials, if they are set directional to where you see the orange windscreen icon then i think the fan will run on all the time ! hope that makes sense !

I assume you mean the radiator fan?

It should only normally kick in when the engine is up to temperature, where does the dash gauge sit at?

As the car is a naturally aspirated (non turbo) petrol getting it retuned will return very low gains (less than 5% improvement).

A good exhaust system and a low resistance air filter would produce slightly better gains.

Has the fan been frigged by the previous owner to stay on constantly I.e shorted with a piece of wire on the fan switch it's self if so I'd say it's got under lying probs .