Do Not Sell My Personal Information

About The St

SandyCat

Spoke to my dealer the other day, he said I can bring my ST2 in (Spirit Blue, Style Pack, Spare Wheel) with 7.5k miles on the clock and I can drive away a ST3 in any colour without paying anything (no deposit, nothing added to my monthly payments, and i'm only 7 months into my ST2 contract.)

Anyway, the Ford website lists nothing about the ST3 spec, and I don't have a brochure. Would anyone be able to tell me what the ST3 comes with? I know about the satnav but that's about it...

whattt thats a great deal! comes with sat nav, eatc, crusie auto wipers/ lights and few extra bits

whattt thats a great deal! comes with sat nav, eatc, crusie auto wipers/ lights and few extra bits

I know, i'm struggling to understand why i've been offered that... To be honest, At the moment i have GAP insurance (which I got my dealer to pay for last time), and he said that although my payments won't change, I will LOSE my GAP insurance. So i'm going to need to ask for a rebate which will be a cheque, then I can either buy more GAP or have some cash?... Either way, seems like a good deal so i'm gonna grab it by the balls.

Makes sense, half the stealers sell 2nd hand ST's for around 16-17K still, which in fact is more expensive when you take the VAT on a new car into account, they'd make more money on that car and still get the commission from Ford at the same time. Good Business.

I got a red one and I'm from pudsey Leeds

Cool, I maybe I've seen you before around Leeds, but the one I've seen recently is coming from the other side of Leeds.

Anyway, the Ford website lists nothing about the ST3 spec, and I don't have a brochure. Would anyone be able to tell me what the ST3 comes with? I know about the satnav but that's about it...

All the details are in the price list here: http://www.ford.co.uk/SBE/Brochures/BrochuresandPricelists

Here's what it has in addition to ST2:

From the price list:

Sony DAB Radio/CD with Navigation System
Ford KeyFree System - Keyless entry with Ford Power Starter Button
Cruise Control
Automatic headlights
Automatic wipers
Auto dimming rear view mirrors
Electronic Automatic Temperature Control
Power foldable door mirrors with puddle lights

Dom are you on Ford privilege?

I know, i'm struggling to understand why i've been offered that... To be honest, At the moment i have GAP insurance (which I got my dealer to pay for last time), and he said that although my payments won't change, I will LOSE my GAP insurance. So i'm going to need to ask for a rebate which will be a cheque, then I can either buy more GAP or have some cash?... Either way, seems like a good deal so i'm gonna grab it by the balls.

Check your insurance first, mine includes a years GAP insurance for new cars, where it would be replaced like for like (Esure).

And yes it's an amazing deal, almost too good to be true lol.

I am indeed yes! Gets me about £1300 off as far as I can remember. my Grandad worked for them god knows how long ago, and still benefits from Privilege. Definitely look after their employees (past and present).

Check your insurance first, mine includes a years GAP insurance for new cars, where it would be replaced like for like (Esure).

And yes it's an amazing deal, almost too good to be true lol.

Thanks for the info on the ST3, couldn't find that anywhere initially.

Yeah I was with sainsbury's insurance and my Fiesta Zetec got written off due to a hydrolock, and as it only had 3 thousand miles on the clock they replaced it like for like. Now i'm with Elephant so I think things may be different, but i will check! thanks for the tip.

Yeah tell me about it, although they've only offered me 13500 for mine, which I told them i'm not accepting. I spoke to Audi and BMW and they both offered me 14500...

and i'm only 7 months into my ST2 contract.)

I am indeed yes! Gets me about £1300 off as far as I can remember. my Grandad worked for them god knows how long ago, and still benefits from Privilege. Definitely look after their employees (past and present).

FYI - A privilege/ambassador customer using Ford Options must still keep the car for a minimum of 9 months.

FYI - A privilege/ambassador customer using Ford Options must still keep the car for a minimum of 9 months.

That's odd, not what the dealer said... He said that applied to none Privilege customers. Where was that info from?

That's odd, not what the dealer said... He said that applied to none Privilege customers. Where was that info from?

There's a thread about it on Fiesta ST owners club. Here's the what someone said:

1. The 9 month ownership requirement is that of the Treasury, not Ford Motor Company.

2. Both the Treasury & Ford would be made aware of the sale upon registration of the new owner at Swansea. [& you can`t disguise this without committing an offence.

3. The person actually entitled to raise the Privilege voucher would be penalised [heavily] by Ford.

4. The person selling the car before 9 months would be financially penalised by the Treasury.

5. DON`T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT.

It is logged with the dvla that you must keep it for 9 months - if you sell it before 9 months the dvla informs the dealership you brought it from and ford head office - There is a minimum timeframe for re-sale to stop abuse of the scheme and profiting from selling cars bought at the employee's staff discount and making an unauthorised profit or gaining personal advantage through early re-sale (it also stops dealers sales and Ford pricing being harmed by a sudden plethora of cheap employee-deal cars suddenly appearing on the open market before they've taken any depreciation to bring them to a more realistic market-value).

There have been instances of employee's who have lost their jobs for abuse of this scheme (by themselves or their family member onward-selling early, to their personal advantage and to Ford's clear disadvantage!

There's a thread about it on Fiesta ST owners club. Here's the what someone said:

Oh! I hadn't got a clue about that. I'm going to call my dealer first thing in the morning and ask if this is still the case. He seemed to think this had recently changed. I will let you know when I know, just in case some information has to be updated.