Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Want My Fiesta To Pop And Bang... How?

carper1994

After watching a few videos on youtube of cars popping and spitting flames i have decided i must have this on my car :)

im just wondering how will i do this, i know i will have to decat my car, get a better exhaust and get a rev limiter but i cant seem to find any decat pipes for my car?

also can anyone point me in the right direction for a decent backbox?

and what rev limiter should i go for?

sorry for all the questions, but iv never really modified exhausts before,

cheers kieran

It's nothing to do with what exhaust you have. You need an overrun map that let's a tiny amount of fuel through when you change gear and it ignites off the manifold giving you the pops and bangs. You will need to decat.

Any decent tuner will be able to do a bespoke map for you to do this.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

A decat and a BeeR rev limiter will allow you to take control of the ignition

You then need a flame kit to gurantee combustion in the exhaust,

However the minimum engine size for a success rate is a 1.6 petrol

And running rich can blow the engine,

Get yourself a cheap honda civic for trying stuff like that, dont wreck your fiesta

My Focus ST used to do this fairly regularly with just a bluefin map and a de res standard exhaust. Loved the noise! B)

How to you get that hissing noise when cars change gear?

How to you get that hissing noise when cars change gear?

That is a dump valve. Does your car have a turbo?

You might find the noise soon becomes annoying.

My friend had one on his toyota Starlet and by the time we drove 5 miles I was well and truly !Removed! off. Lol.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

Dump valves are epic / endthread

Totally disagree mate.

I understand they help the turbo etc with pressure but why get a loud one for the noise.

Everyone to their own I suppose.

I don't have a loud one, just standard just prefer it, let's me know it's all working properly. Still appreciate a good supra tt or old skool cossie though.

• Like 1

Its all about vtec yooooooo!! When i get a company car i might get a cheap civic or an S2000 if i can insure one :D

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Always wanted an S2000 but it's a 5k car with 50k car running costs and parts prices. Boss ride though, want a yellow one with face lift dash and red leather.

I know man but yolo ;) take a loan out lol i home btw haha, na i was going to look at either a civic s2000 or Elise as a play car from selling the fez but will keep modding it on here to show it off ;) jokes :P

Wouldn't bother with an elise, exige yes EPIC! I used to have a ctr but they are largely unexciting and just bad on fuel. Seats and carpets are a mare to clean as well. Go the whole hog 25k for an Aerial Atom 245! 500bhp per tonne ftw. You also cannot get a more impractical car to show off.

I love the little louts tho looks good :) or id love a mk1 golf, civic maybe an rs replica dunno see what the money man says ie missus after i sell my car but i think shes already eyes up a house :(

I don't want a loud one, I just like it when you change gear and it sounds like a hiss, it's Nice :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

You can get electronic dump valves but are stupid. Everyone will know you have a 'fake'

If your car is turbo charged then you just need to upgrade the dump valve.

After market dump valves on low powered cars are just naff though. I admit they make a great sound. They only really work on Impreza's, Evo's Rs3, Skylines etc in my eyes

• Like 1

Ah okay, my friend has a scirocco that does it and he said somet about a filter..

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• 5 years later...

I have a 1.2 Ford Fiesta with a cobra exhaust system, straight piped, I wanted to know if I decat it will it pop and bang? 

For the life of me I cannot understand why anyone would want a noisy car.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Bobr said:

For the life of me I cannot understand why anyone would want a noisy car.

Different strokes for different folks but... I always thought that a noisy car would be cool for about 5 minutes until the loud droning noise begins to be very annoying when the novelty of it wears off and you want a peaceful drive on a motorway. 

Plus, people seem to fit them to engines which really aren’t great at producing a good noise. The 1.0 Ecoboosts are a prime example. Every single one I have heard or watched a YouTube clip off just sounds like a wet *****.

It appears that the word I used was filtered out - I referred to someone passing gas if that’s the correct forum terminology

35 minutes ago, DG97 said:

It appears that the word I used was filtered out - I referred to someone passing gas if that’s the correct forum terminology

I often find the filter makes it look like you've used a worse word than you actually have...is anyone really offended by a bit of flatulence!? :rolleyes: 

As for noisy cars...I do like them...in the same way some people like squealing children and yapping dogs...   :whistling: 

I'm not interested in pops and bangs though, and hate droning on the motorway or at idle, or a buzz that sounds like a bee in a bean can.  However a decent setup can give you a nice burble at idle and a lovely rasp under load, along with the 'woosh' of an induction cone and turbo flutter when you lift off...while remaining quiet while cruising...  I'd much rather listen to exhaust & induction all day than children & pets... :laugh: 

• Like 1

Drop out the oil sump would be the easiest way to get a 1.2 to pop and bang 

11 hours ago, ThomasFiesta1.2 said:

I have a 1.2 Ford Fiesta with a cobra exhaust system, straight piped, I wanted to know if I decat it will it pop and bang? 

Of its straight piped then it should be already decat, no? Straight pipe 🤷‍♂️

Usually the minimum sized engine to get a flame from is a 1.6 but you could try by fitting a rev limiter kit such as a BeeR which will hold the throttle at a preset rpm then dump excess fuel in to the exhaust system where you will then need to fit a flame kit which consists of a spark plug fitted inside the rear tip and a button on the dash to ignite the excess fuel as it passes through.

Will be difficult on today's extremly economical engines, best to try it with something from the 90's or as said "drop out the sump" and rev it up soon start popping and banging then 👍

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club