paulSp

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Modeo Estate
  • Year: 2014

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:15 PM

Mine has now stopped for the second time.
14 plate car, first stopped around the first service, has just failed again at 42000 miles.
Was in for a service last week but the dealer was having issues with their ford service software, could not even reset the service indicator !
Will be going back to them in a week for another go....

Good job it's a company car, would be really !Removed! otherwise, find also the DAB reception is terrible compared to the previous model.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#62 Big System

Big System

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Name: Steve
  • Ford Model: Mondeo

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:26 AM

After numerous calls to the dealers service dept (who have adopted the stance that they can do nothing pending a fix from Ford) and to Ford Customer Relations (who are intent on referring back to the dealer) I have called the salesman who sold me the car and complained about breach of contract. I've asked what he's going to do about it and if they can't fix the problem I want my money back. We'll see what happens

#63 Brettania

Brettania

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Brett
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Titanium X

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:01 PM

It sounds as though most owners here can't tune their DAB. My problems a little different in that the DAB element of my radio has completely disappeared!

Has this happened to anyone else and if so, have you managed to get it back?

#64 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 18,110 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: 2015 Focus ST3 250BHP
  • Year: 2015
Contributor

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:18 PM

Pull the fuse or disconnect the battery for 10 minutes to reset the syatem.

#65 Big System

Big System

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:43 PM

I think most members posting on this topic have the same problem as me. When selecting the DAB option within the radio menu, the stored channels appear, but none of them can be selected i.e the channel will not stay highlighted and there is no sound. Mine failed at under 8000 miles. Ford Customer Services are phoning me each week but it's now 4 weeks since the fault developed and they can't tell me when the software solution might be available or indeed how long Ford have been working on it. I have now written to the Dealer who sold me the car to exercise my rights under the Sale of Goods Act. I have asked them to repair it within 7 days and if they can't I want them to take the car back and give me a refund. They phoned me today and said that they can do nothing until Ford produce the software fix. They admitted that these faults have existed for a long time but insist that the radio works except for the DAB part and that I am being unreasonable. They say that they will not take the car back for such a minor issue. I am taking legal advice and believe that I have a good case in law...we'll see. If I do nothing I will be waiting indefinitely and have no leverage to get the radio fixed. In my case I only ever listen to the DAB channels so this is a real pain.

#66 Big System

Big System

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 06:44 AM

Thanks Stoney871. I'll give Ford a bit longer to come up with a permanent solution before I try the re-boot option. When I first took the car back to the dealer one of the service guys told me that in the recent past they had fixed a number of identical faults by changing components and resets but now they are instructed not to do these repairs so I'm not sure what's going on

#67 Brettania

Brettania

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Brett
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Titanium X

Posted 03 June 2015 - 10:42 AM

Thanks Stoney871. Disconnecting the battery for 10 mins worked perfectly. Took me a few mins to find the security code to get things working again, after that my DAB was back! Many thanks.

#68 swilt170571

swilt170571

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: simon
  • Ford Model: mondeo titanium business
  • Year: 2013

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:19 PM

ok so ive jsut got same problem today as others that DAB suddenly stopped working and this was one of reasons I purchased this car.  I havent phoned dealers yet as thought I may try a fix myself.

Ive noticed people mention disconnect battery but at the moment I can not find the security code :-(

However can any one tell me how to do a hardware reset and a software upgrade please.

Thank you

#69 Big System

Big System

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:14 AM

I didn't do the power down and power up option because I suspected that it wouldn't be a permanent solution and the fault could reoccurr (as some members have found). The dealer doesn't want to do anything as instructed by Ford and they feel that if they attempt any repair it could invalidate the warranty. The permanent solution is a software rewrite from Ford and I have been pressing both the dealer and Ford to come up with it. I had a feeling that Ford weren't going to bother, on the basis that they now had a new model of Mondeo so I eventually got the dealer to agree to take the car back and to give me a refund. At that point my car was 8 months old and I'd owned it for 3 months. While I was looking round for a new car (which incidentally confirmed that my car was a good deal in the first place) Ford phoned to say that the software they are working on should be available by mid August so I may well wait unless I find a good deal in the meantime.

#70 swilt170571

swilt170571

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: simon
  • Ford Model: mondeo titanium business
  • Year: 2013

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:25 AM

Im struggling to believe its a  software issue,  I purchased my 2013 car 3 weeks ago from AvailableCar.com worked fine until yesterday when i went on a long trip and suddenly stopped working.... im going to ring availablecar today see if they can say anything.   Im also not happy with the MPG getting low 40s (worked out old way not trip computer) so its no where near the advertised figures!

#71 Big System

Big System

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:15 AM

Well Ford think it's a software problem and when you think about it, it's only the digital part of the radio that stops working. Perhaps it's linked in some way to something else that the software controls. In my case the DAB failure happened at roughly the same time that I connected my iPhone to the USB port which maybe hadn't been done before.
As for mpg I agree it's disappointing. If I'm very careful I can get mine to around 53 mpg which is about 5 better than I got on the previous version of the same model. On paper the difference is 14 mpg. I've been looking at a Qashqai which is rated at 73mpg. Even the Nissan dealer told me to expect around 60. So clearly the quoted figures are under very ideal conditions and the gap with reality varies with the car manufacturer. There's a web site which gives data about the rated versus actual mpgs for different cars.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users