Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Focus 1.6Tdci Engine Failure

sambino

Hi All

Wondering if anyone has had there engine blow completely on a Focus 1.6TDCi ?

Mine is a 2007 model Zetec which has been serviced regularly by Ford Dealer since new. It has 79k on clock ive had it since 9k

In fact I spent £800 on it last week having the 4 year+ minor service plus new brakes and 4 new tyres.

Earlier this week I travelled 80 miles on motorway with no problems running very well infact

I then pulled off motorway and noticed it was not picking up properly there was no warning lights and temp was normal

I pulled in a layby and smoke/steam starting coming out from under the bonnet

As had just been serviced had the Ford 12 months cover so they towed me to the nearest ford dealer in Carlisle and I got a free hire car.

They told me the engine has failed and would be a charge to strip engine which I agreed. once done a hole was found in the head and the engine had completely failed and would be thousands to fix so its having to be scrapped as was worth far less than the repairs.

Anyone else seen this ? Both the Carlisle dealer and my regular ford dealer say it would not be picked up on service last week and nothing they have done would have caused it any mechanics out there advise ?

I wouldn't scrap it, get a 2nd hand engine off eBay for the same year / model / with AC if applicable, and just pay any trader a few hundred quid to fit it, You'd get someone decent to fit the engine for around £250, not sure how much the engines are but it'll be cheaper than repairing the existing one and better than cutting the car loose.

Agree entirely! its cheaper to buy a second hand unit and fit it!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club