Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Slight Turbo Lag

pagdodd

My car has done 2000 miles since I had it at the beginning of April.

It's only for a split second but when I put my foot down it seems to lose power before is pulls.

It is most noticeable when cruising between 40 & 70mph

My colleague had the same with his 62 plate 2.0 TDCi 163 Mondeo. Even took a Ford Tech out and they couldn't understand it.

It is odd as I have the same engine in my Focus and mine doesn't do it, although I did have an ECU update which massively improved response of the engine.

Nothing like that was available for the Mondeo though, so my colleague ended up getting a Bluefin remap and hasn't looked back.

Kind of good that it has happened to someone else and I am not just imagining it! :)

Mine is a company car so don't want to spend any money on it. So will try and get Ford to have a look under warranty.

Mine 59 plate has it from 70 onwards have been told it is the egr causing but no evidence of a problem anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Mine 59 plate has it from 70 onwards have been told it is the egr causing but no evidence of a problem anywhere

I've got the same engine so a remain or tuning box sounds like a wise investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

I've tried to removed and clean egr the only problem is the egr will not come off has anyone managed to get an mk4 egr off

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club