Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clunk/bang Around The Front Right Wheel?

jessystreetka

I have a 2006 StreetKa

It developed a banging noise only when I turn right and go over a bump at the same time.

The wishbones and drop links looked due a change, so this was our first thought.

Once changed the bang was quieter but still there.

Obviously, still a problem, we had a look to see if there is anything noticeably worn, but cant find anything.

Anyone have any ideas, I love the car so fixing it is the only option!!

Thanks... In advance! :)

• 3 weeks later...

delboy,

It sounds like I've got the same problem with the wife's Streetka. Which anti roll bar rubbers do I go for on a 2003 car. Been searching for ages on line and starting to get confused?

So if I look for 2003 Fiesta roll bar rubbers, these will be the right ones to get bud?

:mellow:

The anti-roll bar bushes were both changed which upon inspection were worn and needed replacing, the car feels much better on the road but this has not solved the clunk...

Have you got any other suggestions? My boyfriend seems to think replacing the top mount may solve it...

Thanks

if you push down on the wing and sort of bounce the car get someone to hold the drop link and if it moves atall it need replacing . i would replace them and also check

the wishbones (lower suspension arm) for wear. if knocking nouse its most prob droplinks and to answer latestarter yes the fiesta ones are the same as the kx has the same floorpam as the fiesta as it's based on the fiesta

The wishbone was the first thing we changed, I will have a try with that on the weekend.

Is it OK to be driving the car? (I don't drive stupid)

Also latestarter, if it's a StreetKa you have, the fiesta anti-roll bar bush doesn't fit, I made the mistake of buying it but it was wrong, you will need to know the size of your anti-roll bar, there are a few options.... 13mm, 15mm, 17mm.... Some parts shops don't supply the 17mm in the end I had to get it from a dealer, which was a fair price, £8 odd each

Thanks