Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Zetec S Eco Boost Fuel Pump Problems

Theresa67

Ok so I have had my Fiesta Zetec S since the 20th of March. Today on my way to work I broke down , after being towed to the dealership , I was told about a problem that they are having with the fuel pump. My car is the sixth one in the area to suffer from this problem. Has anyone else had or heard about this problem that has left me with a slow, shed on wheels of a courtesy car? I'm feeling very upset as I was also told that it may not be able to be fixed until the end of the month.

From what the aa and the dealer said today it seems it is becoming a real problem . And I may be without my car for 4 weeks

There's 3 at my dealers with the same problem. No wonder it's taking so long for the parts to arrive, sounds like ford need quite a few of them

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Let's just say I got very upset today and used words I would never use to the salesman I brought my car from so will be taking him some beers tomorrow .

I've been there lol they even threatened to call the police, got the problem sorted though.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Just had a call that mine is ready to be picked up. The fuel pump took just under 3 weeks to arrive and the dealer fitted it within 3 hours. On my way now. I'm hoping that's it now and I can enjoy my new car!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Ford OC mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Ours broke down with a dead fuel pump after just 500 miles from new. It has been with the dealer for 10 days already and they can not confirm a delivery date for the pump. Last Ford we'll ever buy.

It isn't fit for purpose then, Tell them no Delivery date, means no repair date which means they are braking their obligations of the sale of goods act and you are giving them the car back and you want your deposit back pro rota and end of the agreement,

They'll either say fine or the fuel pump will magically appear.

They under law have to fix this within a reasonable time scale, not giving you one isn't reasonable.

• Like 1

It isn't fit for purpose then, Tell them no Delivery date, means no repair date which means they are braking their obligations of the sale of goods act and you are giving them the car back and you want your deposit back pro rota and end of the agreement,

They under law have to fix this within a reasonable time scale, not giving you one isn't reasonable.

That's the most sensible thing I have seen you post on here, lol

That's the most sensible thing I have seen you post on here, lol

We'll get there eventually. Having a common sense moment.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Brilliant, we took this approach and within 30 minutes they'd found a pump! Apparently it had arrived earlier in the afternoon.....

As always, the dealer !Removed! itself as soon as they think they'll be stuck with a returned car. Glad it's sorted though. Should be a sticky incase anyone else gets mugged off by Fraud UK.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

I'm living in fear it's gunna happen to my ZS as it was built in the same time period people are having problems and that's not a nice feeling to have considering its a brand new car

Damian my advice would be to ensure you have a phone charger in your car. When mine went I was down to the last few % of phone battery

Not helping Matt, lol

• 4 months later...

Just a little to add 'late in the day' on this. My '63 plate Zetec S had a noisy ('humming') fuel pump when bought (3,500m) in early March. Opted to run it 'til first service end-September even though dealer kindly offered at the time of purchase to investigate further if wanted. Just wanted to get out in the car and run it over the summer. Did not let me down but noise perhaps did get a little worse? At recent service the dealer ordered a new one; said it would arrive 'in about two weeks', arrived within nine working days and fitted immediately (6,500m). (A previous back-to-back comparison with two other Fiestas that had much quieter pumps had helped seal the matter). The new pump was as expected much quieter. Good honest service from dealership with no hassle. See how this one goes, fingers crossed!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club