Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scuffed Alloy & Tyre (Ffs)

AndyJH

Right, so just been out in my beloved fiesta, and I've managed to stupidly scrape my alloy and put a bit of a tear in my tyre due to a slight lapse in concentration. What do you guys/girls think I should do? Is the tyre ruined?

Thanks in advance!

post-50400-0-49789900-1399752860_thumb.j

Tyres fine! I think all 4 of mine are like this :ph34r:

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

Wouldn't dare say. At speed under load it could fail so get it looked at by a trustworthy tyre guy who isn't just going to try and sell you a new tyre (in other words NOT KwikFitUp)

• Like 1

Damn damn damn damn - I do a lot of motorway driving so I best go get it checked out! Better safe than sorry I suppose!!

It was the worst sound ever when it happened, proper crunched and I immediately just thought 'F**K'. I feel sorry for your alloys becca if you've scuffed them loads!!

Yes mine all have chunks out of them lol. They'll never be refurbished to original/unnoticeable condition because they're that bad. First car though, it's kind of to be expected!

But yea I've been driving round with chunks out of my tyres for months and they're all okay- I've only ever had issues with potholes popping my tyres >_>

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

My first car had bad perishing and bits missing from the both back tyres and they were fine! but personally i wouldnt worry too much about it, but as your doing motorway driving just keep your eye on it to make sure it doesnt get any worse!

Damn damn damn damn - I do a lot of motorway driving so I best go get it checked out! Better safe than sorry I suppose!!

It was the worst sound ever when it happened, proper crunched and I immediately just thought 'F**K'. I feel sorry for your alloys becca if you've scuffed them loads!!

I've had a 2 screws at once in one of my tyres, had it repaired for £15 and have done 2,000 miles since... Hahaha just take it to a tyre garage that's local to you! £15 wont hurt! :P

I had a slow puncture in my ST after 2000 miles on the clock, rang ford up where I got it they said bring it in.

Took it to them and they have a garage attached to them where they have all there work done Rapidfit I think it was 15 minutes later screw out tyre fixed. That was £15 also, plus they alway are working on fords so I just felt peace of mind taking it there.

The guy who did it couldn't of been more helpful showing me the process of how they fix them etc.

I no yours is slightly different but I'd just ring ford and just ask for a opinion on it, it should be okay though, it doesn't look too deep just a minor graze :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

If you think about it the only point of contact with the road are four little patches of rubber do you really want to chance it ? Get your tyre(s) properly checked out

• Like 1

Yeah I'll see if any places are open by me today who can have a look at it - the Ford garage never has any techs working on a weekend which is a bit of a pain! Cheers for everyone's input!

Sent from my HTC One using Ford OC mobile app

scraped alloys...pain in the neck. still, could be worse - the diamond finish on my abarth wheels scratched at the slightest contact.

looked absolutely great when new but I will never go for that kind of alloy again - a true nightmare to maintain. oh, and the cleaning was a complete !Removed! too!

post-53505-0-33013000-1399806345_thumb.j

scraped alloys...pain in the neck. still, could be worse - the diamond finish on my abarth wheels scratched at the slightest contact.

looked absolutely great when new but I will never go for that kind of alloy again - a true nightmare to maintain. oh, and the cleaning was a complete !Removed! too!

Not to mention you can't refurbish Diamond cut wheels. So they end up looking pretty poor and nothing can be done!

You can't take the chance on a motorway with a tyre like that it could blowout not worth it fella

Sent from my HTC One X using Ford OC mobile app

Not to mention you can't refurbish Diamond cut wheels. So they end up looking pretty poor and nothing can be done!

there are a few places that can do it so long as the damage is minor - one in tewkesbury did mine on the one occasion one got damaged and honestly couldn't tell where it had been afterwards. but yes serious damage you're screwed, can imagine the kind of paranoia I had when I dropped into a pothole! even the refurb guy told me the same, never get a car with that kind of finish for british roads! plus any damage stands out a lot more. lose-lose.

They do look good though!

Alloygators look them up on youtube

Scraped mine yesterday moving out the way for an ambulance :(

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• 7 months later...

DOH!!! Done it again tonight - I'm an absolute idiot!!!

• Like 1