Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keep Heat In The Car And Ideas On A Loud Back Box

Hakman

Hi I'm new here :)! I have a t reg mondeo 2.0 petrol fuel wise it's brilliant :)! Just wondering how to keep the heat in the car? I hall explain more, sometimes me and my friends park up in our cars for the night and just chill till the morning there, however if I put the heating on to warm car up then turn all off half way through early hours of morning it's cold. Now I know it would be as no heating is on but surely some heat should stay in car? And I also want to put a lovely loud exhaust on there so jut wondering if anyone has done this before and what it is like

The issue you have is that cars are meant to keep the road and weather out, not the heat in. So they dont really have a great deal of insulation. If you really wanted to make your car less thermodynamic, you would need to insulate everything good and proper! where talking insulation in every cavity. Its doable, but bear in mind you are only slowing down the rate of heat leaving, not resolving, so you will wake up a little cold, but perhaps not quite blue!

You would be looking to remove all the door cards and pack it full of insulation, along with removing the dashboard and insulating everything there. Boot, and rear seats would all need insulation around them too!

To be honest, you will find its a lot of expense for little gain - on the plus side your driving around will be a lot quiter with insulation like that, but as I say, you wont be able to wake up the next morning and wonder if your in bed or not!

Simple solution to this is buy a caravanette so u can sleep n keep warm in there some come with a nite heater or just go home and get in bed at nite !!!

Fit double glazing

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Remember the country cottage Mercedes off Top Gear? Concrete floor will hold heat for longer (ie over night) and a log burner will stop you from getting a flat battery. :P

Seriously though, without extreme modification/weight a car is never going to hold warmth for very long (as said above).

sometimes me and my friends park up in our cars for the night and just chill till the morning there,

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm what kind of Chillin this be? the kind watching other people do things to each and pass the receiver onto someone else or the chillin which involves some Greens / crystals / powders?

• Like 2

haha, its a good job this is all tongue in cheek isnt it :p proposals of chillaxin vs doggin :p

Id be worried if hes doggin chillin with a male lol

I would also recommend taking a sleeping bag

• Like 2

I would also recommend taking a sleeping bag

Exactly what i was going to say! - ligtweight, practicat and does not involve pulling the car to bits

Whatever you are doing :lol:

Id be worried if hes doggin chillin with a male lol

whilst smoking bone?

• Like 1

Lol marty bet they seeing whos got the best knob (gear) lol

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club