Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Courtesy Check Today

Zippy

Well today the car went for it's courtesy check. I'd mentioned a couple 'issues', the left indicator not cancelling off, the immobiliser light coming and flashing on/off when driving the car, so yeah, noted down, we'll investigate for you.

When I collected the car, clean bill of health, which I'm glad about, yeah, lol. But I'm just kinda annoyed, how they can't find any fault with this indicator, as it's so friggin annoying. The service manager turned around and said the mechanic who checked it out, didn't find any fault, the diagnostics logged nothing, for either reported problem, and the indicator cancelled everytime for him (this I'd love to see!!) I'm thinking he just took it around the block, and not through umpteen roundabouts, cause then he'd see it's a bugger! Lol.

He then suggested to me, the next time the immobiliser light comes on, drive straight to them, then they'll have someone hook the diagnostics up, to see if it'll log a fault. He also said if the indicator issue is as widespread as I say it is (I told them about you folks on the boards problems too) he said, if enough people complain to Ford, they'll have to take heed and look into it further, but that really remains to be seen, cause how can they 'fix' it, if it doesn't log on the computer, the mind boggles, lol.

Sorry for the long rant, but I just wanted to see if anybody else has had better luck with their Dealers, especially, Michelle, who I know is having the same problems.

Mine was in with ford today with a list of problems, along with the indicator and was told the same thing. "nothing wrong" But my car has to go back again next week *sigh* for the rear trim to be replaced

Mine was in with ford today with a list of problems, along with the indicator and was told the same thing. "nothing wrong" But my car has to go back again next week *sigh* for the rear trim to be replaced

I think it's an inherrent fault with the new Fiesta but in fairness it's not that big a deal surely? :rolleyes:

Certainly not worth losing your car for the day while the dealers tell you that there's nothing wrong........

The way I get round this little niggle is to use the one touch indicator when going round corners which are not sharp enough to cancel.

Sorry to hear about your trim problems though Mark but I'm sure they'll sort it for you.

I do use the one touch indicator now, infact it's become my new best friend :P lol.

It's not a big deal, but it's the principle of the matter, it ought to work! But blah, it's not worth losing sleep over, I know, and I won't, lol.

On another note, it'd be worth losing the car for the day while they investigate, if they let me borrow the Focus ST that's sat on their forecourt as my courtesy car!!! Lol.

Mine does cancel everytime going either way, i'd hate it if it didn't so can imagine how annoying it is :/

The thing is, the indicator does not cancel and could cause an accident and this is enough in my eyes to be classed as a fault. I have found my indicator does not switch off at all now on any roundabout - ive made it my mission to see how far I can take a bend off of a roundabout to see if I can get it to cancel - and simply I cannot. Fords will realise this one day, but for now its one touch every time.

I agree, Michelle. It has potential to cause an accident and therefore SHOULD be seen as a fault, and dealt with, not palmed off, "oh it cancelled for us", cause that's utter bull, lol.

I pity learner drivers, learning in Fiesta's, cause surely it's fail material, it not cancelling out =/

For now it's one touch for me too!

Isn't the indicator cancel more mechanical than electrical?

I thought it was, judging by the click you hear when you turn the steering wheel.

(Bear in mind I haven't driven since I passed my car test in Feb, and ride a motorcycle where indicators NEVER cancel.

If its mechanical, how can their diagnostics computer find it?

If its mechanical, how can their diagnostics computer find it?

They have driven the cars and say its fine for them... i have the problem but if i flick the wheel back passed the opersite 75% it will click off, normally makes me nearly crash but had to test it :) i agree its a fault, and the way they should get around it is to have a choice of 5 or 7 clicks for the 1 touch not 3 as the max!

The pile of crap car i had yesterday never had a problem with the indicator clicking off. So it works fine in the old shape fiesta, why not our new ones?

This maybe strange, but is it too hard a task to just flick the indicator off if it doesn't cancel automatically. It's obviously dependent on the degree of the steering wheel movement, so if you don't think the wheel has turned enough, just flick it off. It's no different to coming of a motorway onto a slip road where the angle change isn't enough to turn the indicators off.

the problem is the indicators are so quiet in the new fiesta you don't always realise that they are still on.

Mine still keeps doing it a abit but i often use the lane change instead now

I think that the reason that the indicators dont click off in newer cars is because in older cars there is a mechanical system that physically pushed the stalk back up to center. On newer cars (and the corsa has the same system as the fiesta from my experience) The system is more technical and computerised, working on sensors that feed a signal for the indicator to switch off

I learned how to drive and passed my test in a corsa (which as I say also has this problem) basically when you have finished indicating you sometimes have to switch off the indicator manually. To be honest I actually found it to be useful! - Now in my 98 fiesta I always check to see if the indicator has cancelled, and if it hasnt then I cancel it. Sometimes - even when I know it will cancel itself - I cancel it anyway! Just to be sure! If it doesn't cancel, and I dont cancel it, then I see that as my fault, at the end of the day its me thats responsible for controlling the indicators - not the car!

I am not disagreeing with those of you who think that its dangerous to leave indicators flashing the whole time! Of course it is! But as the driver of a car its your responsibility! Chill out in your cars people, enjoy the ride, and dont let something like indicators make you angry!

Hell, if your auto-headlights didnt come on in the dark, you would switch them on manually, wouldn't you? same goes...

:)

I'm used to flicking my swiches off so I do that anyhow. But it is a tad annoying when you forget to flick it and see the light blinking and you cant hear it. Just have to remember to flick it off. I wish there was a 7 click and then it turns off but its not available.

I must admit I've never had a problem with the indicators and I've been driving the Fiesta all week, to and from work and up and down the motorway. As Johnny says, it natural to cancel the indicators when lane changing/coming off motorways anyway. Not once have I been driving down the road and the indicators are still flashing.

Anyway, I've had enough of the poxy 1.4 engine, I'm getting my car out and using that for the rest of the week, sick of people over taking me. :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club