Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 Focus 1.8Tddi Starting Problems

Simon.B

Hi there can someone help me please?

I've been having starting problems starting this car in the mornings so put a new battery on it! Same sort of thing after so thought a new set of glow plugs might be the answer! Put these in this afternoon and still starts poorly, ran a volt meter to the plug rail to find 0 volts! Any ideas? I did also swap the glow plug relay over with on for the heated screens still 0 volts!

Many thanks in advance!!

Simon

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Sounds like either a fault harness, or perhaps a bad connection. Check that its grounded correctly and also check the fuse and relays. Might be worth swapping a relay over with the suspected faulty one and see if that helps.

Glow plugs are just there to heat the combustion chamber to aid starting and will only be active for a very short period of time. If it is a glow plug fault I would be checking resistance from the battery to the plugs. You might find a high resistance or open circuit, if not then check all your earth straps, 1 on the gearbox at the mount and a few on the body.

When it does run does it lurch under heavy acceleration?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club