Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Revs Sticking

ljono27

Sometimes after little run on motorway oh duel carriage way my revs aren't dropping straight away. They seem to take 2 oh 3 seconds to drop for me to change gear.they stick at around 3000 revs.its fussion2 54reg 1.6 16v. Does anyone know the problem?as its fine on short runs its when and after I go onto straight road at steady speed then it seems to happen after. I do not want my clutch to burn out over this even though its not all time its still frustrating when does . Please please help as if I take to garage it will cost me a lot more then can afford Thanks guys

Hi Leon,

Could be the fuel filter is dirty so there is a delay in the fuel pressure returning (been there, had that) alternatively it could be the throttle body needs a clean.

Hi ive had new body on 4week back n done full serv..I.e all filters plugs n oil .at 1st my revs were going up before dropping back down when changing gears now the idle is cutting out when coasting coming to roundabouts ect.ect. it came up ecu fail so took body off cleaned it n everything fine now ive got the problem of cutting out when coasting

When was the filter last replaced?

Silly question but did you put it the right way around? Either the filter or seal can be inadvertently put backwards and can replicate the same error replacing it would have fixed

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

Which filter?air oh fuel but ill double check all thanks

Sorry fuel filter should have been more clear

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

All filters are correct and right way its got me puzzled now if I cant figure out ill take garrage Friday

Just put another £20 and some injector cleaner in and when got in car it came up EAC fail on dash I double checked all plugs then tryed again everything is good now and no fail on dash.please what could it be?