Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fiesta mirrors

mark.b

i really need members help , i have owned my fiesta (mk4 1999) approx 5years ,constantly my ns wing mirror is knocked/kicked off by passing morons (at least 10 occassions) , 99% of the cars in the street it has happened to frequently, early hours of wednesday (5.40 am) i was woken up by a bang and then a screaming male voice i jumped up and looked out the window to see a lad of about 25 really drunk screaming obcenities in to the air about his girlfriend as he ran away,my wing mirror was hanging by its adjuster cables. i went out to clip it back on but found a large piece of the internal part of the mirror broken ,the little adj knob inside was on the floormat , i am really at the end of my tether now and have even thought of getting rid of the car as i am on edge all the time waiting for it to happen again, i have had the mirrors folded in but it exposed the cables and they were pulled out , i need to know is there any proper folding mirrors from other fords focus/mondeo etc i can replace mine with someone please give me some ideas

thanks mark

For a start you have a really bad vandalism problem in your area.

Secondly, I had a similar problem. Somebody fell on my passenger side mirror and the actual mirror detatched from it's frame. Dead hard getting them back on the clips and everytime I did it would pop off again but you can't just leave them on one or two clips you have to attatch them back to every clip properly which was a pain but done it in the end.

Do you have a drive way?

hi helena ,no i dont have a drive ,the car is parked on the road outside my house 3ft from my living room window,police have had numerous calls from lots of local residents over the vandalism, but nothing ever gets done, i usually have to clip the section connected to the spring over the two lugs on the aluminium part of the mirror base , this time i cannot as all the internal mounts are broken :(

i have sat up all night a few times waiting for it to happen , never seems to happen ,it just seems like random kn*bheads :angry: :angry: :angry:

Hi there Mark, I broke my drivers side wing mirror a few months back, so I went to these guys

http://www.wingmirrorman.co.uk/

Mirrors available here

http://www.wingmirrorman.co.uk/fiesta4.html

Only cost £20 for a whole new wing mirror assy including the cables etc

Fitting involves removing the door card and also the interior black wing mirror trim, no special tools req.

Not entirely sure if this is really answering your question....

Worth noting that these are not official ford and there are some differences between the official part and these parts, so basically you wont be able to "bastardise" a fix by only swapping over the broken parts of the assy

is there any proper folding mirrors from other fords focus/mondeo etc i can replace mine with

I am fairly certain that wing mirrors from other models wont fit

Let us know how you get on :)

hi helena ,no i dont have a drive ,the car is parked on the road outside my house 3ft from my living room window,police have had numerous calls from lots of local residents over the vandalism, but nothing ever gets done, i usually have to clip the section connected to the spring over the two lugs on the aluminium part of the mirror base , this time i cannot as all the internal mounts are broken :(

Buy CCTV to put outside your house. I have one. Can buy a good little kit for about 30 quid now and you can fit it yourself dead easy

Small price to pay to catch them. I don't exactly live in a good area myself mate and they act as a good deterent for a start. They see cameras and they don't bother, end of the day they will just go trash another car.

Just a thought for you but I would consider getting one.

Buy CCTV to put outside your house. I have one. Can buy a good little kit for about 30 quid now and you can fit it yourself dead easy

Small price to pay to catch them. I don't exactly live in a good area myself mate and they act as a good deterent for a start. They see cameras and they don't bother, end of the day they will just go trash another car.

Just a thought for you but I would consider getting one.

good idea , a neighbour did this about 18months ago , someone cut the cable and smashed the camera off the wall , cant really mount one inside no where to mount it

good idea , a neighbour did this about 18months ago , someone cut the cable and smashed the camera off the wall , cant really mount one inside no where to mount it

Surely your house is made of a solid subtance :lol: You can mount them anywhere and if the cable gets cut, they've been caught vandelising it havn't they. Because the camera will be on when they are doing it :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club