Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Passed My Test

pandyballs

Small point, Dont worry about running it in, just let it warm up (about 5 mins in these things) then boot it :P

• Like 1

To be fair though the ST and any Fiesta is quite a safe car to crash in, back when we were hoodlums rolling in the likes of an R5 ( which I would think is as bad as a smart car to crash in, Boss car though ) Tatty Mk3 Fiestas, 205's, MK1 Clios and Corsa B's our odds of survival were a lot lower than they are in today's cars, my first car had no abs, power steering, or even airbags for that matter, 2nd car a Rover 220 Turbo with Glass Tbar roof that wasn't shatter proof or even toughened safety glass, rear roll bars were welded as well so once they broke off ( they did ) they were pretty much irreparable.

Think regardless of insurance matters as they pay for the car, no amount of compo can recover a lost limb, disability or person, I knew a few people who died within a few months of being on the road and a root factor of the cause would be the cars were just plain dangerous when you've got 2.5 ton range rovers and the like tonning it all over the place,

My kids when they are old enough to drive, if we still have cars then will be allocated a 2000 plate Volvo v70 or a tatty S Class, near invincible and reliable.

I'd probably fell more secure driving dangerously in an ST over a ZS or lower due the fact I would have better brakes, Fiestas with Drums at the back are awfully weak, better turning ability too for those moments when looking at the phone cause me to swerve out the way ( I don't do this just saying ) either one can do a 100 or more.

For me, I think something from the next rung down (for a year or so maybe anyway) would be prudent.....you will think you are a better driver than you are, but without some experience you just won't be.

but then again hey, who I am to talk I was driving a used R5 GT Turbo 6 months after passing my test! - showing my age here hehe.

Although the moral of the story for you may well be that I wrote it off in a high speed crash six months later, in a manner that was 100% my fault and 100% down to my inexperience. I can remember it crystal clear even today. And the ST is substantially more powerful, and too easy to drive fast, especially for a new driver. I actually posted here after my test drive in one that I would be scared for new drivers in a car like that!

Yeah I'm terrified of the car so I'm hoping that I won't be stupid, I know I'm not a good driver yet so I'll probably stick a limit on the speed using MyKey at first. I was gonna go for a ZS but I think I'll be used to the speed within a year then I'd want a bit more power but I went for the ST because I think I'll enjoy it once I'm a bit more confident but I'll be scared for a little bit!

Spirit Blue ST-2

Small point, Dont worry about running it in, just let it warm up (about 5 mins in these things) then boot it :P

Went out for Lunch today, car was sitting in the baking sun, was up to temp ( or the gauge was in the middle ) in under I'd say 30 seconds.

• Like 1

I do agree with you, you would most likely walk away from most crashes in a modern car...but I'm thinking more of the increased likelihood of totalling it in the first place compared to less powerful cars, due to the way speed accumulates so effortlessly.

But I guess the OP needs to do what he needs to do, not the end of the world if he crashes it and has insurance cover - statistically most new drivers have a crash in the first year anyway whatever they're driving. And you never know, he may not crash at all and have a great time in it.

To be fair though the ST and any Fiesta is quite a safe car to crash in, back when we were hoodlums rolling in the likes of an R5 ( which I would think is as bad as a smart car to crash in, Boss car though ) Tatty Mk3 Fiestas, 205's, MK1 Clios and Corsa B's our odds of survival were a lot lower than they are in today's cars, my first car had no abs, power steering, or even airbags for that matter, 2nd car a Rover 220 Turbo with Glass Tbar roof that wasn't shatter proof or even toughened safety glass, rear roll bars were welded as well so once they broke off ( they did ) they were pretty much irreparable.

Think regardless of insurance matters as they pay for the car, no amount of compo can recover a lost limb, disability or person, I knew a few people who died within a few months of being on the road and a root factor of the cause would be the cars were just plain dangerous when you've got 2.5 ton range rovers and the like tonning it all over the place,

My kids when they are old enough to drive, if we still have cars then will be allocated a 2000 plate Volvo v70 or a tatty S Class, near invincible and reliable.

I'd probably fell more secure driving dangerously in an ST over a ZS or lower due the fact I would have better brakes, Fiestas with Drums at the back are awfully weak, better turning ability too for those moments when looking at the phone cause me to swerve out the way ( I don't do this just saying ) either one can do a 100 or more.

You make a good point with your last paragraph actually, the ST will get me out of trouble faster and stop me quicker and allow faster steering input!

Spirit Blue ST-2

You make a good point with your last paragraph actually, the ST will get me out of trouble faster and stop me quicker and allow faster steering input!

Spirit Blue ST-2

Spirit Blue ST-2

Spirit Blue ST-2

Spirit Blue ST-2

Spirit Blue ST-2

You make a lot of repeat posts :D

how do I delete them!? I'm on the iPhone app! Haha

Spirit Blue ST-2

That'll explain it ;)

Nice one op. How can you afford to buy a brand new ST at 19 years old? Your finance must be astronomical!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Nice one op. How can you afford to buy a brand new ST at 19 years old? Your finance must be astronomical!

Just saved up for the deposit while working then financed the rest! £200 for 24 months!

Spirit Blue ST-2

Not bad man. Must've took a while to save. Be sure to upload some pics when you get it

How did you get insurance that cheap! I paid 3,500 when I first started driving 14 months ago at 17 and it was only a 1999 fiesta Ghia 1.4 ... My insurance now is more expensive and that's with a newer faster car! And one years no claim bonus!!! That is pretty mental!!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I found that insurance on my Zetec S was much cheaper than on my mum's 2011 fiesta zetec 1.25 (£2500) and my dad's 2004 fiesta zetec 1.25 (£3500!!!). I did wait till I was 18 rather than getting a car straight away when I saw 17 which saved me about £400 and I saved another £200 saying it was kept on the front drive rather than in the garage. I think that insurance is probably cheaper on new cars because they are generally safer than the slightly older cars but I suspect other factors will lower it too.

As said it's all stats for insurance. No records of accidents involving a young driver in the car goes in his favour.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Just don't do what I did. Pick the car up Thursday just gone. And on way home from dealership sum div in a takeaway delivery Nissan micra took my front bumper off. Iv nt even driven my st for 20 miles and it's in the body shop. Gutted. For the hour I had it tho I was the nicest car iv driven. Unbelievable ly comfy considering everyone says suspension is so hard. Cant wait to get my race red st back and wrap it in bubble wrap x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

That's a sickener Nathan. Hope your gonna boycott the takeaway from now on?

Just saved up for the deposit while working then financed the rest! £200 for 24 months!

Spirit Blue ST-2

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the car & deposit you put down? I'm pondering the idea need to get an idea of how much I'd need to save before hand :P

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the car & deposit you put down? I'm pondering the idea need to get an idea of how much I'd need to save before hand :P

£11,000! Financed the rest through the Bank Of Dad

Spirit Blue ST-2

Take the car to a track day or private tarmac area and learn how she handles. That way you'll also get your fix and not need to hoon around country lanes. Tractors appear out of no where... and poles!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club