Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Drivers Window

Chrisb91

Hi all

My name is Chris I am new to the forum have recently purchased a 2008 Focus CC3 after having a 2011 Focus the other year as a courtesy car and loved it. Car is fab especially in the sun but I do have a small problem.....

The drivers side window from time to time seems to stop dropping down as it is supposed to when you operate the handle. It happened again today and this time the window would not go fully down. When you try to put it up with the one touch system it kept rolling up then returning to its original position.

Any ideas much appreciated

many thanks

Hi welcome :)

Welcome Chris,

If they are electrics, then you probably need to reset the window, from memory:

Put the car to ignition on (PositionII)

Push the button down and hold for an additional 5 seconds after its reached the bottom

Push the button up and hold for an additional 5 seconds after its reached the bottom.

Now your window should be reset and behaving correctly.

Thank you for the welcome and the advice I have re set the window it fixes the problem but only seems to last a couple of days before it plays up again :p thank you for the advice though would not have known where to go next otherwise :)

No problems Chris, but if the error has come back it seems the car is forgetting it. I would check the conncetors at both the switch, regulator and the motor. Make sure that there is no corrosion, it could be a short out is causing the car to think that its up when its not, that might be why resetting it works for a few days.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club