Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

8 Legged Freaks!

Sheriff

Washed the car yesterday and check fluid levels etc...

Noticed that the back of my engine bay is now home to several large spiders...just behind my expansion tank. Cobwebs everywhere!

Never had this before, will have to 'move' them out, as I don't want the little critters setting up a permanent base in the vents etc.

I !Removed! hate spiders!

I suppose they have good taste in cars though...

• Like 1

I often seem to have a resident one in my offside wing mirror.

Little beggar.

I came out to my wind deflectors and boot lid covered in cobwebs yesterday. Must be the season for them now it's warmed up. There my worst nightmare.

Nothing more uncomfortable than catching your face in a cobweb in a doorway or between trees.

Ik!

• Like 1

I often seem to have a resident one in my offside wing mirror.

Little beggar.

Me too!, every day when i 1st go out to the car there is a web across the mirror, i sweep it away and then there is another tomorrow - spider must live inside the mirror - i could probably get a small mouse in there to eat the spider - then a cat to eat the mouse, then a dog...... :lol:

• Like 2

I would evict them once, then if they didnt learn the first time, I think a can of upside down compressed air on their head might help!

Don't think I've had any problems with spiders on the Focus. Maybe my Niece and Nephew scare them off?

I did have a resident spider on my Punto one summer. He sat just under my wing mirror. Even if I washed the car, he'd come back. I called him George

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

haha, I would have been playing "how fast do I have to go before George goes away!"

Spiders are the least of your worries.......well up here just now anyway. There's been a couple(that I know of) car fires in the last couple of weeks being blamed on birds building nests in the engine bays.

Local photo...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1449054232004086&set=o.31395967167&type=1&ref=nf

Bleedin ell, might have to bother checking...

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

I too have one, in my drivers side mirror, keeps making a large web, despite me destroying the last ten of them.

So annoying.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Ford OC mobile app

Ik

LOL im ok with spiders tbh now but back in the day I couldn't be in the same room with one, but FML, if I'm gonna let that beast run all over my back. The fangs alone are like 2-3 inches long, let alone the size of the spider.

Just for you Martin:

Your a sick man ;)

Yuk! Goosebumps watching those!

• Like 1

I remember doing OP Grand Prix in Kenya in '98, six week live firing in the middle of no-where. Elephants, cats, scorpions, snakes...no probs. spiders? I'd run off screaming like a little girl! Lol

Try Belize, even worse.

Bull leeches are a right mare.

London bad enough lol ;)

London bad enough lol ;)

More vermin for sure but with far less legs ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club