Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Car... Tdci Problems :(

AngelGrinder

Just re-joined into the ford world, hopefully it will be a happier club when I've fixed the car!

If anyone has any advice on fixing, it would be greatly appreciated, as I've thrown a bit of money at it now, and am at a bit of a loss!

Car is a 2005 mk2 Focus, with the 1.6 TDCI engine.

Basically, if I go over 3000rpm the car switches into limp mode, other than that it drives perfectly, no noise, no smoke, no stalling, no nasty starting - it's fine. Until I hit 3k, then limp mode.

I've given it a new air filter, new fuel filter, cleaned the MAF with carb cleaner. Had those hoses off, the turbo looks pretty new and is spotless inside with no untoward moving about from the fins. It gives boost no problem.

Plugged it in today to find fault codes, and it's giving me P0238 which is Turbo/Boost Sensor 'A' Curcuit high input.

I took the MAP off, and there was no O-ring and someone had just wrapped PVC tape round it to give it a snug fit....bingo I thought, heres the problem. So, went out and bought a nice spanking new one...plugged it in, and it still goes into limp mode.

Any thought's on what could be triggering this? Cambelt was done less than 1k ago, I see the MAP cables are fairly close to this, but a visual inspection on those and they look fine.

All advice welcome!

Hopefully I can get it fixed and join the happy ford owner club again!

Thanks!

Sounds like it could be EGR related. are there any other error codes?

No other codes, I'll use it over the weekend and see if any more show up in the next few days. Could the EGR still bring up that fault code, even if its blanked off? Is it worth taking off and cleaning incase it's sending messages that it's stuck?

it can do yes, the EGR valve actually draws poor performance from the turbo, if you blank off the EGR it helps to spool the turbo quicker and make it work more efficiently. its always good though if you can to remove the EGR and give it an old fashioned strip and clean!

This is what I've found on that fault code

Boost pressure sensor harness is open or shorted

Boost pressure sensor circuit poor electrical connection

Faulty boost pressure sensor

Check the sensor although you've looked at it already, disconnect it and check for water or corrosion inside the plug/connector or anything that could be shorting the circuit.

Follow the loom checking and feeling for any tear, have a good feel. Blow out any dust inside the plug and firmly reconnect it if no faults found.

Check your engine fuse box for any water or corrosion aswell. It could be very small. Obviously someone has had a stab at it before using insulation tape between the o ring. This is your clue

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Checked the wires/connection and fuse box, all looks good.

Just found this sensor near the bottom of the engine (near the dipstick) looks like one of the wires has snapped. Any idea what this plug is, and how I get the damn thing off? Is this likely to be causing me any problems?

6vqf5AQ.jpg

J6Z9cBk.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club