Do Not Sell My Personal Information

52 Tdci 130 ** Black Smoke Under Boots, Little To No Power **

TETSUO XGEZ

Hey guys

So, this problem came on over 2 days,

Under wide open throtle i get lots of black smoke and very little to no power... if i ease on the boost i can feel it kicking, but goe away as soon as you open it right up.

Runs fine as long as i am not on boost, no rough idle or missing, Turbo Spools as normal, veigns are not stuck, egr has been cleaned, no ecu errors... RAC seem to think it may be related to the injectors? but that doesnt sound right. its doesnt behave like its under fueling.

I'm kinda thinking it may be a boost leak as i can hear a slight woosh under load... louder than normal.

Just really fishing for ideas before i either have to get on my back or drop it the gurage for the injectors.

Cheers

Sounds like a split hose (well known to split). I'd suggest checking the hose leading up to the EGR as that is the usual one to go, but if not check the others too before lookign elsewhere

Definitely sounds like a split inter-cooler hose to me.

Agreed - but you may have a different boost hose set up to later Mondeos with the EGR valve at the back* - different boost hoses are more liable to fail than the front EGR design

It can be difficult to find the split/leak without taking the hoses off to examine them

I recommend you fit a solid EGR blanking plate as your Mondeo is a Euro3 so can have one fitted with no problem*

(*assuming you have a 2002 Mondeo TDCI as it says in your profile)

If you can post up a picture of the engine bay with the cover off it will help to see which type

• Like 1

Agreed - but you may have a different boost hose set up to later Mondeos with the EGR valve at the back* - different boost hoses are more liable to fail than the front EGR design

It can be difficult to find the split/leak without taking the hoses off to examine them

I recommend you fit a solid EGR blanking plate as your Mondeo is a Euro3 so can have one fitted with no problem*

(*assuming you have a 2002 Mondeo TDCI as it says in your profile)

If you can post up a picture of the engine bay with the cover off it will help to see which type

Cheers Guys...

As soon as i posted this message i order the blanking plate for the EGI valve, Its the older style where the EGR is on the front, just left of the grill.

Seeing as its a nice weekend, i will get the car up tomorrow and strip the hoses off.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club