Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Ooooh Clive

k13r4n

Clive have you got an st wagon as your daily work mule yet

post-32783-140032004685_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Nice, I've seen a 2010 focus ST police car in blue with decals on it up near me, There's a new focus st estate up here too I have seen in passing, sweet! Lol ;)

post-43353-14003244193_thumb.jpg

Marc :)

Sent from my LG-D802 using Ford OC mobile app

Got an unmarked 14 plate ST estate just over a month ago.

Apart from the dash kit, blacked out rear windows and the concealed blues catching the daylight you'd not know it's job.

But then that's the general idea ;)

hmm, I may have seen that around. Just to help me confirm it was that one, what's the number plate on it? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

haha, nice try Martyn! I will give you a hint, the front one is white and has the number 14 at position 3 and 4, oh and the rear one is yellow with the same number plate positioning :D

• Like 1

hmm, I may have seen that around. Just to help me confirm it was that one, what's the number plate on it? :rolleyes:

Nice try Fella :d

• Like 1

Do all cop cars start ou? I swear everyone I see has ou at the beginning of the reg.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

nah, only ones in a certain area (think I read somewhere it was swansea!) but everywhere else has there own area code depending on where the car was registered and bought from.

I spot all our unmarked coppers in my area as they are no longer unmarked having POLICE emblazoned on the sides and rear. Our Police Scotland have nearly every car and van a Ford ;)

Ford focus

Ford focus estate

Focus st

Focus st estate

Ford Mondeo estate

Ford transit

Ford transit connect

:D

Oh I see. !Removed!. No way of identifying them then. Lol

the only way to identify an undercover car is to upset them and get them to turn the lights on :p alternatively if your in the right place at the right time with the sun in the right place, you might catch the lights reflecting the sun, but these days they have become experts at camoflauge.

• Like 1

Lol. I've been driving 9 years and only had 3 points. I plan to keep it that way. Lol

• Like 1

Like I always say, It's not the coppers you see that you need to be worried about.

It's the ones you don't see ;)

• Like 2

Well there's no mystery with our unmarked vehicles up here, so easily spotted instead of being sly and attaching the blue lights behind the grille they instead attach them to the top of the reg plate making them very obvious. Also there's a light box on the parcel shelf that flashes "Police" and "Stop" and as you say if the sun reflects just right.... gotcha ;) lol

While we're on the subject of police cars, what's the purpose of those stickers on some vans saying 'police follow this vehicle'? A quick google just seems to bring up people's guesses, do you know the actual reason Clive?

• Like 1

Well I'm off down to Devon/Cornwall next week hopefully I won't bump into officer stoney, I will be on the look out for a focus estate with blacked out windows and more than one aerial!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

While we're on the subject of police cars, what's the purpose of those stickers on some vans saying 'police follow this vehicle'? A quick google just seems to bring up people's guesses, do you know the actual reason Clive?

It's used on cash in transit vehicles and such like.

It's an anti-hijack thing.

Well I'm off down to Devon/Cornwall next week hopefully I won't bump into officer stoney, I will be on the look out for a focus estate with blacked out windows and more than one aerial!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

If you spot me I'll buy you a doughnut ;)

Got an unmarked 14 plate ST estate just over a month ago.

Apart from the dash kit, blacked out rear windows and the concealed blues catching the daylight you'd not know it's job.

But then that's the general idea ;)

Suddenly your 1.8 Focus diesel feels very slow when you get back in it, - don't forget to rev the Petrol car over 4k and not the diesel! :lol:

It's used on cash in transit vehicles and such like.

It's an anti-hijack thing.

But surely you don't always follow vans with that on? I've seen some that say only if it's being driven between certain hours, but for all the rest?!

These cash in transit vehicles are more likely tracked than followed. I.e an unscheduled stop would trigger police.. something like that. I'm sure the police have better things to do than follow every cash in transit vehicle unless it carries large amounts of money. But while we talk about this what about the G4S vehicle down south that was attacked not long ago carrying prisoners and some of their vehicles carry a "police follow this vehicle sticker" obviously not being followed in transport.

Marc