Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

tractorboi711

Amp Turns On When Connected To Audio Fuse

4 posts in this topic

So I connected the remote wire from my amp to the audio fuse but the amp turns on even when the radio is not turned on and neither is the ignition. I also tried to put the wire in the fuse for the ignition but it did the same thing . How can I get it to turn on only when the radio does? don't really want to have to take the facia off again as it was a pig to put back!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Sounds like you wired it to the permenant live feed. The radio has two feeds - ignition on - turns the radio on with the ignition, secondly it has a permenant live feed, this si what feeds the one hour mode when you turn the radio on with the keys out.

You need an output that's switched with the headunit - which would be called remote or SW(itched) A(ntenna) on the Ford OEM unit.

The there is always voltage on the audio fuse even when the headunit if off is pretty obvious (else the headunit could not be turned on ...).

Ok thanks , what colour cable would I be looking for that comes out if the stock head unit ?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC