Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adding Extra 12V Power Socket

Stuarty211

i have a 2006 ford fiesta and it only has one 12v power socket. i have looked at the fuse box and it has one fuse for the socket i already have. the diagram also has a spot for an additional power socket. i was wondering if that power socket would already have power running to it or would i have to wire it in myself?

• Like 1

Sorry..think i misunderstood your question :)

If you already have a socket, with a fuse in it, and you simply want to "steal" power from that, maybe this would be a solution?

40181_0_m_400_700.jpg

Don't know the English name for it tough!

• Like 1

since i have a spare separate fuse for on in the fuse box id rather use that. how do i test if there is power?

• Like 1

since i have a spare separate fuse for on in the fuse box id rather use that. how do i test if there is power?

I used one similar to this:

ey1309-1.jpg

Clip goes on ground somewhere (find a pice of frame or something)

• Like 1

i have a 2006 ford fiesta and it only has one 12v power socket. i have looked at the fuse box and it has one fuse for the socket i already have. the diagram also has a spot for an additional power socket. i was wondering if that power socket would already have power running to it or would i have to wire it in myself?

if your seeking to put a 12v socket in to the boot compartment of your 2006 fiesta,

There is already a 12v supply for a 12v socket fitted behind the panel in the boot on the drivers side.

Fiesta1-1.jpg

• Like 1

i was more thinking of putting a plug in the front behind the dash. it is to connect a cb radio. but i would also think about putting one in the boot. is it already connected up for 12v? and what fuse does it run off? would you have an image showing me where it is?

• Like 1

Best thing to do is check your manual, it is made very clear in there.

Else google and try to find the fuse box diagram for your car.

• Like 2

i was more thinking of putting a plug in the front behind the dash. it is to connect a cb radio. but i would also think about putting one in the boot. is it already connected up for 12v? and what fuse does it run off? would you have an image showing me where it is?

the 12v supply in the boot will be active already,

It shares the same fuse as the main 12v supply,

Ya see ford fitted the same interior loom to all models saving money in build,

The ecu loom was then different depending on engine,

Ford only fitted a 12v socket to the loom on the ST models to power a 12v tyre compressor with foam,

But the loom should be in all spec Mk6 fiesta,

All you need to make it work is an earth feed and a 12v socket,

It can also be used to power an amp for a sub,

Unfirtunitly i dont have any other images of this but the loom is most likely either black or orange including the plug and will be taped to the loom see my focus guide here:

Should be much like this:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/29774-guide-additional-12v-power-socket-in-boot-focus-mk25/

• Like 2

i have a fuse box diagram and there is another fuse area for another cigar lighter. is this for the 12v supply in the boot. if so do i then need to get a 12v female and a fuse.

• Like 1

i have a fuse box diagram and there is another fuse area for another cigar lighter. is this for the 12v supply in the boot. if so do i then need to get a 12v female and a fuse.

you would need:

Female crimp spade connector,

12v socket with male spade tips on rear,

And

Perhaps a fuse,

Ya see theres two fuse sockets for the 12v supply,

But both power the same loom,

If you fit the fuse to socket A.

This allows power to flow from battery to 12v socket all of the time weather the engine is on or off,

If you fit the fuse to socket B.

This allows power to flow from battery to 12v socket only when the key is turned in the ignition not all the time.

Thats the way it is in the focus range anyways,

• Like 2

oh ok that sounds good. i was accually wondering how to change it so that my 12v power can get turned off with the ignition!! thanks you 2 you helped me soo much!! :P :D

• Like 1

Found out that the extra socket doesn't support a fuse... Anyway. I'm going to add an additional 12v socket to the fuse current. So does this mean I will need a larger fuse and the current one I have is 15

• Like 1

Found out that the extra socket doesn't support a fuse... Anyway. I'm going to add an additional 12v socket to the fuse current. So does this mean I will need a larger fuse and the current one I have is 15

no the existing fuse will be sufficent as the rate of electronic flow will be the same for two sockets as it is for one

any idea that his is for on fiesta

post-54520-0-78639000-1400607805_thumb.j

• 9 months later...

That's a coin holder, just thought I'd reply to this randomly :lol:

• Like 1

That horizontal one is for holding card style parking tickets or work access card

• 3 years later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I have just done this mod.  Just to let you know, the spare wire was in the passenger side in my car, no sign of one in the drivers side.

In fact ignore that.  The wire was there, but had no power to it.  Had to run a wire through anyway 😞 Apologies for thr pointless resurrection.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club